The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-21-2009, 03:25 PM   #1
wheatlysk5

Brake Questions

I have a 70 blazer and was considering putting disc-brakes on and i was wondering if disc-brakes off of a 73-87 chevy 4x4 half ton would work. If so what problems would there be. Thanks a lot.
wheatlysk5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 08:02 PM   #2
mudman316

Re: Brake Questions

I did this to a 70 model when i was 18 and had very little help (dad made me do it mostly myself for me to learn). If i remember correct it was not a big deal. the biggest thing i remember is that i had to grind a little on the axle housing just so it would not hit when at full turn. I can't remember if we used the old axles (don''t think we did) or the ones from the doner truck. but if you have it all you can take at it and have all the parts you will need with good confidence. the grinding that i mentioned is not that bad but some folk may not like doing it that way. If i remember correct it was for a bolt that will hit the housing very little and you may consider not even grinding it just remember not to turn it that far. other than the grinding the 78 doner truck that we used stuff fit just fine.
mudman316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 01:22 AM   #3
wheatlysk5

Re: Brake Questions

thanks for the info cause im 16 and still learning and if any one else has anything to add that would be great.
wheatlysk5 is offline   Reply With Quote