The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Suspension

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-25-2009, 09:31 PM   #1
Slammed70

Brake question....need answer ASAP please

Working on this truck, dude tells me that hes caliper exploded, which come to find out his rotors were so thin the piston inside of the caliper pushed its self out. Then he let it sit on the side of a road for a few days finding a tow, with the piston out of the caliper and the system open like that....he put new rotors, and a caliper on it, called me over to help him bleed it. Bled just fine, good pedal. Now were ready to go for a drive and bam, no pedal. Goes straight to the floor. Hes telling me that when he put it all back together, there was no brake fluid in the resevoir on on the master cylinder.

Now, Im not certain here, but Im thinking he lost all the fluid and ran the master cylinder dry. If thats the case, just wondering if there is a way to bleed the master cylinder on the truck, that doesnt require hours and hours of pumping on the pedal.

Thanks,
Mitch-
Old 02-26-2009, 12:05 AM   #2
55belairtim

Re: Brake question....need answer ASAP please

if hes lost all fluid in the master he needs to reprime it, start by taking two brake lines and fitings that fit the m/c and run the lines so they are inside of the resivor then fill the resevor past the lines and pump the brakes this will reprime the master then hook up the originall lines and bleed the brakes.
55belairtim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 11:34 PM   #3
62LS1

Re: Brake question....need answer ASAP please

http://www.cardone.com/English/Club/...er%20flyer.pdf

Try this link. It's the first time I ever tried to post a link, but it's a new syringe available to bleed the MC with it attached to the firewall. It seems quick. I'll be trying mine this weekend.