The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-12-2003, 05:13 PM   #1
AirMale

Carpet installation

I helped my friend put some carpet in his truck last week and was surprised how easy it was. He ordered the carpet from Cheyenne pick-up parts. When we went to instal it, the back was perforated were to cut the holes for the seat and belt holes. We proceeded carefully and only made little slits in the pre-marked areas just in case. Well they were perfect and the carpet looks sweet. So the next day I orderd some carpet from Summit cause I had a gift certificate from Christmas. The carpet was from NPI and was every bit as nice as my friends.....except they didn't pre-mark any holes! I returned the carpet and ordered it from Cheyenne so I wouldn't have to jerk around with the holes. Stupid maybe, but when you have everything premarked it only takes 15mins to install this carpet. Cheyenne said that it was ACC brand carpet.
NPI=nice
ACC=nicer
Just in case you were gonna install some.
AirMale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2003, 07:36 PM   #2
gmcbob

Yeah, I was happy with the acc carpet also. You can buy it directly from them: www.accmats.com

I think it was about $120.00 ?, and they have a ton of color options, even the orange color for my '78

Bob

1978 GMC Sierra Classic K15 Shortbed, 350/350/NP203, 31's on Rally's, Restored to Stock Condition. Two-tone Russett Metallic / Buckskin.

1987 GMC Sierra Classic V1500, Longbed, 350 TBI, NP205, 33’s on Chrome Spoke with 4” Suspension Lift. Black.

2014 GMC 2500HD 4x4 Duramax Crewcab
gmcbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2003, 03:48 AM   #3
twistedmetal
Take it to the limit

in all the years of projects,i' ve always went with A.C.C .have that carpet in a 57 chev convertable(dads),55 chev 2dr hardtop,66 olds cutlass 2 dr hardtop,and my past 7 chev trucks and that carpet has always been a great fit and have never had any problems with how it installed
Quote:
"If Fall Guy only knew how many trucks i wrecked,He'd be proud"
85 Chev silverado 1/2 ton loaded,daily driver(stolen)
80 chev silverado 1/2 ton farm truck
87 S-jimmy V-8,lowered ,Parting out
49 Chev 1/2 parting out
parting numerous 73-80 chev trucks
01 Polaris edge X (highly modified)
58 NSU Prima scooter awaiting total restoration
twistedmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2003, 09:50 AM   #4
BigRed

Thanks for the info, AirMale. It's really nice to have some testimonials of quality products!
Old 03-13-2003, 10:53 AM   #5
CHaingKaiShek
I love goooooold!

Hey cool. So the A.C.C carpets are pretty much 'drop in' eh? I might have to pick up some new carpet for my ol' truck then. (Need to pull up the stock stuff anyway, time to reroute some wiring.

Now just need to match colors with those seats. :p

Jeff
There's whiskey in the jar-o."
CHaingKaiShek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2003, 11:09 AM   #6
LOHRTBT
BeWarE tHe eViL CrAnkTOe!

I need to look up where mine came from...It is very nice quality and has a nice thick horsehair backing. It was not cheap either...like others said like 120-150. I will have to check it out too. I think all mine was pre cut except for the seatbelt holes....but it didnt matter since I sliced it up under the seat for the amp wiring and such hehee

- 1986 Chevy SWB - Stock for now
- 1986 Chevy Custom SWB *Stolen 6/26/05*
- 1985 Chevy SWB SOLD
- 1999 T/A Some mods
www.cardomain.com/id/ramairdave

AIM Screenname - Jester84
LOHRTBT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2003, 01:05 PM   #7
PHOENIX

I bought some carpet local in town from some old man in cave creek. The carpet fit well and only needed a little trimming on the passenger side right by the door. Has the pad under the pedals and all that. Its nice and all except for when the plastic oil line busted I think this time Im gonna get spray in liner inside, when I get my bed done. Was Line-X the one that had the little commercial on trucks and thew dropped bricks from like 30' on the lining then blew a pipe bomb up on it, with very min. to no damage at all? Thats what I need

I agree though, the carpet was easier to install then I thought it would be, premolded is the way to go!
Old 03-13-2003, 11:47 PM   #8
CT-Truckster
?

hey i was lookung at the website and it gives achoice of backing, either mass or poly. mass is $60 more. somebody expalin these backings to me please, thanks.
CT-Truckster is offline   Reply With Quote