The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-19-2009, 12:14 AM   #1
6T8&O-her-1

Anyone using Cyberdyne "Blue Ice" digital Gauges?

in the process of collecting some gauges for the build later this spring.... I have already acquired a couple of Autometer gauges and was intending to save the most expensive for last like the speedo and tach. I chose the "NV" line from Autometer with the Lime Green Night background...Well, Monday I happened to stroll into my local Hot Rod Barn where they sell all the Drag car stuff. Saw some Cyberdyne Ice Blue Digital Gauges and was Struck from the moment he turned them on.

Now, I am not sure if I want Analog, or Digital. Whats the feeling from you guys? I know with digital it takes a little extra thinking time to equate a Number with whats going on... also fuel level etc. with Analog you know with a Glance basically. So, Whats the pros and Cons. I really love those Ice Blue gauges. They also come in Red Digital and the Full set is less than what I would spend for Analogs. These NV guages are Nice...I powered the Voltmeter gauge up with the background and Holy Mother of Green slime....Bright as Hell! I will need to Dim them especially a Full Set. Almost like an In Cab tanning salon! Don't wanna come in the house looking like "The Mask" ...The digitals wern't no joke either.. I love the Technology though And I like the analog appeal...so confusing.
6T8&O-her-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 10:35 AM   #2
chevy_mike
Never Ending Projects

Re: Anyone using Cyberdyne "Blue Ice" digital Gauges?

I have not had those but I did yave the Dakota Digital gauges in blue, when I had my last '68 truck. Overall they worked well and really were not that much harder to read, once you got used to them.

My biggest complaint was, in bright sun light, they were somewhat hard to read, especially if the sun was shining on them (like from the side or back window). Depending on the theme of the truck, digital gauges tend to give it a "street rod" look and might look out of place if going for a hot rod look. Since I had done the entire dash, pillars, roof, etc, in grey tweed, they look like they belonged.

My .02 worth.
1965 Chevy C10, Long, Fleetside, Hot Rod C10 http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=415702 SOLD

We were given two ears and one mouth for a reason... listen twice as much and speak half as often...
chevy_mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 02:37 PM   #3
straitnate14

But Reese destroyed Cyberdyne before they could invent skynet... sorry I saw the chance and had to do it. But anyways I don't know how good those would look in the dash? I guess I just like the factory gauges the best
Old 03-19-2009, 02:43 PM   #4
kamikazekyle05

Quote:
Originally Posted by straitnate14 View Post
But Reese destroyed Cyberdyne before they could invent skynet... sorry I saw the chance and had to do it. But anyways I don't know how good those would look in the dash? I guess I just like the factory gauges the best
Lol, You beat me to it
kamikazekyle05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 11:00 PM   #5
6T8&O-her-1

Ha ha ha....I AM NOT CRAZY!!! The whole time I was typing I was hoping Sarah Conner didn't have Glock aimed at me!...and Yes I thought of it 1st knowing Cyberdyne was the company that Stole the Technology from the Terminator...I might stick to the Analog.
6T8&O-her-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 11:08 PM   #6
OARNGESI

Quote:
Originally Posted by straitnate14 View Post
but reese destroyed cyberdyne before they could invent skynet... Sorry i saw the chance and had to do it. But anyways i don't know how good those would look in the dash? I guess i just like the factory gauges the best
yeah but dont something else always come up
OARNGESI is offline   Reply With Quote