The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-14-2003, 08:58 PM   #1
swervin ervin
You get what you pay for

Smile Hey guys, remember me?

I know all of you have been missing me.

Anyhow, I've been working my arse off for the last couple weeks. Being self employed has it's benefits, but it will cause you to work harder to make more moolah. I've not been home during the day and when I am home at night, this computer has not been on my mind too much. I've been stopping in just to check on the posts, but haven't felt much like posting anything.

Looks like everyone is doing fine.

1985 Chevy C-10
swervin ervin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2003, 09:10 PM   #2
gchemist
BAD BOW-Silverado XST

Hey Mike,
Nice to hear ya doing good.
I'm doing good too. Just waiting till the 27th for my first house closing. Waiting on VA.
Old 03-14-2003, 09:21 PM   #3
RockHQ
ROCKET POWER!

Glad to hear you're getting things done Mike. Hopefully in a month or two i'll have my blazer ready for some pictures (custom interior mostly, since all the other crap i've done doesn't show up really). Well anyway, take care yall!
What did i do last nite?

1979 C-10 shortfleet: Olds 350, Th400, 12 bolt
Current project: 1969 Olds 455 W-30, needing a rebuild
RockHQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2003, 10:04 PM   #4
LOHRTBT
BeWarE tHe eViL CrAnkTOe!

Dat sure is a purrrrrdy truck you gots der man!

hehe..
Good to see you around man!

- 1986 Chevy SWB - Stock for now
- 1986 Chevy Custom SWB *Stolen 6/26/05*
- 1985 Chevy SWB SOLD
- 1999 T/A Some mods
www.cardomain.com/id/ramairdave

AIM Screenname - Jester84
LOHRTBT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2003, 11:03 PM   #5
82 Silverado 4X
Genuine Chevrolet

Mike: Didn't anyone ever warn you that "all work and no play" will make Mike a very tired boy. Glad to see you take a few minutes to check in with everyone. Have a cold one.

Gerardo: Congradulations on your first home closing. I never thought I would have to sign my name that many times in one single sitting. It's really a great feeling.
82 Silverado 4X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2003, 08:15 AM   #6
79BIG10
I'm back with 2nd truck!

Mike glad to see your doing good. So what are you wanting to spend all that money on now? I'm guessing paint since that's about the only thing left I know of.

"Don't underestimate how sexy a fat man who drinks to excess can be." Homer Simpson
79BIG10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2003, 09:10 AM   #7
79BIG10
I'm back with 2nd truck!

BTW: Mike your site's not working!! A couple of us have tried to get on there and no one has been able to.

"Don't underestimate how sexy a fat man who drinks to excess can be." Homer Simpson
Old 03-15-2003, 10:07 AM   #8
swervin ervin
You get what you pay for

Quote:
Originally posted by 79BIG10
BTW: Mike your site's not working!!
I know. Don't even get me started. I'm so aggravated right now, you wouldn't believe.

Let me explain what's going on.

First, you remember I switched web hosts a little while ago. Had a lot of trouble with my domain name propagating so it would work, well for me anyway. See, I have a satelite internet system, Direcway to be exact. It seems they take their own sweet time to flush their DNS. The new host uses dynamic DNS, which means my site won't show up unless you go through www.73-87.com. The form I have for people to email me wouldn't work. My 73-87.com email wouldn't work half the time. I could use a dialup connection and it worked fine, most of the time.

Anyway, I still haven't canceled the first host I had. Well, they upgraded their servers and I thought I'll move back to them. So I did. Every time you switch hosts, you have to change your domain name to point to correct host servers in order for the www.73-87.com domain name to work. When you do this, it takes 24-72 hours for the name to propagate throughout the internet. So finally, my old host starts working, everything except for the formmail script I use. Finally after 2 weeks it starts working. Now what? The damn server goes down yesterday morning.

According to them, they are working on it. I'm to the point of not knowing what to do about it. This is really pissing me off. My old host, the one that's now down, ticks me off to no end. You can't get in touch with anyone if you need to. The only way they have now to contact them is a crappy helpdesk system where you send in a ticket and have to wait for them to respond to it. It sucks. They done away with their 800 number.

The new host is better at responding to help questions. They even have a message board setup, which is great. Only thing I don't like is the dynamic DNS part. My old host has a dedicated IP address. I can see my site, even if my domain name isn't working.

So, here's what I did last night, and this is going to be final. I changed my DNS back to the new host. It will take a couple days for it to start working correctly. As soon as it works for me too, I'm cancelling my old host for good. I'm sick of messing with it. Working on my site has taken all my free internet time, which has been very little lately.

So, bear with me. I'll get it all straightened out. I want the formmail to work to cut down on spam. If I put a link on my site with my email address, I get tons of spam. The formmail script stops this. No way I would even consider having a site anymore if it won't work.

I know all this sounds complicated but it's not really. It's just a bunch of crap, that's all. I'll get it working someday.

Mike
swervin ervin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2003, 05:01 AM   #9
79BIG10
I'm back with 2nd truck!

Dang Mike sorry to hear about all your trouble. Hopefully the new company will stay on the ball. I went to the site just now and working great Thanks from all of us for all your hard work on keeping your site up for us.