The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-29-2009, 02:13 AM   #1
70cst

For all the Newbies...this is why our trucks rock.

http://www.sporttruck.com/techarticl...cks/index.html

Ok all...I like to post this every so often for the newbies who have recently joined our family. This is a great article to why our trucks are so hot and very desirable. It doesn't matter if you have Chevy or GMC, SWB or LWB. Fleetside or Steppers...they all rock. Enjoy the read! Consider it as a free spring gift from us to you.

67-72 Chevy and GMC Trucks...The Classic Truck for the Classic Folk.

1970 CST Two tone green, 402BB, 400 Automatic, Tach, Buckets, AC, AM-FM, Tilt, GM CB, GM 8 Tract, LWB, etc

JOHN 17:3...The better side of "LIFE"

Remember: Everyday is a good day...Some are just gooder!

Last edited by 70cst; 03-29-2009 at 02:15 AM.
70cst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 03:23 AM   #2
barthmonster

Re: For all the Newbies...this is why are trucks rock.

purty interesting read. Thanks! Guess now I know I have the lowest of the low models. A '67 Longbed Stepside stripped-down model with a 250 6 cyl engine.

I donn't feel too bad, it ain't rusty!!
barthmonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 06:30 AM   #3
special-K
Special Order

It`s always interesting to read one person`s take printed as how it is.From my perspective the writer is a newbie and I beg to differ with alot of his statements on how things progressed.I`ve had people come up to me from time to time over the last 20 years and tell me how,"these trucks are really taking off".I always chuckle and say,"Shoot,these trucks took off the day they first came out.You`re just figuring it out".In the first decade or two "all" models were liked and people took thier pick.There has always been a shortbed group,but loaded longbeds have "always" been sought after and been worth good money in excellent condition.`72 was the year of choice forever until the latest wave of popularity where the 67/68 has become more popular.I think it`s the younger age group that has come up with more aerodynamic looking vehicles.Heck,back in the day there was a pretty good following of 3/4 tons,especially before the 4wd craze exploded in the late`70s.That`s why there are so many loaded cheyenne Super C/20s.Back then there was as much real truck guys as there were hot rod shortbed guys.Things shift and change over the years and people follow various trends.But these trucks have always been favorites and it has only grown in larger bounds over the last decade or so along with all 60s & 70s vehicles and wider use of the internet.
I think it`s an interesting and informative article.I just don`t take it as authoritive as it was intended.You`ll get more accurate info right here.The magazines have alot to learn from this website.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 11:49 AM   #4
Boog
laying low

91 Chevy sportside, Tahoe, Yukon & GMC Crewcab All GM..'nuff said.

I stand for the flag and kneel at the cross
Boog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 12:56 PM   #5
70cst

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
It`s always interesting to read one person`s take printed as how it is.From my perspective the writer is a newbie and I beg to differ with alot of his statements on how things progressed.I`ve had people come up to me from time to time over the last 20 years and tell me how,"these trucks are really taking off".I always chuckle and say,"Shoot,these trucks took off the day they first came out.You`re just figuring it out".In the first decade or two "all" models were liked and people took thier pick.There has always been a shortbed group,but loaded longbeds have "always" been sought after and been worth good money in excellent condition.`72 was the year of choice forever until the latest wave of popularity where the 67/68 has become more popular.I think it`s the younger age group that has come up with more aerodynamic looking vehicles.Heck,back in the day there was a pretty good following of 3/4 tons,especially before the 4wd craze exploded in the late`70s.That`s why there are so many loaded cheyenne Super C/20s.Back then there was as much real truck guys as there were hot rod shortbed guys.Things shift and change over the years and people follow various trends.But these trucks have always been favorites and it has only grown in larger bounds over the last decade or so along with all 60s & 70s vehicles and wider use of the internet.
I think it`s an interesting and informative article.I just don`t take it as authoritive as it was intended.You`ll get more accurate info right here.The magazines have alot to learn from this website.
You have a very good take Special K. What that article does is give those who are already on the band wagon for our trucks some added support to what we already know and believe. If you look at Ford and Dodge of similiar years...there is no doubt that our trucks are much more popular and desirable and carry a higher price tag when in search of purchasing a 67-72 truck. I agree this article is one mans opinion but at least he is on the right path. Plus...some people will give more credance to an magazine article than what we say. Go figure.

1970 CST Two tone green, 402BB, 400 Automatic, Tach, Buckets, AC, AM-FM, Tilt, GM CB, GM 8 Tract, LWB, etc

Old 03-29-2009, 02:24 PM   #6
Leo70

Great article thanks 70cst. For some of us the trucks are special because it remind us of our days growing up, at least for me that was the case.

Leo.
1963 Chevy Impala SS Rag..SOLD!
Leo70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 03:15 PM   #7
70cst

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo70 View Post
Great article thanks 70cst. For some of us the trucks are special because it remind us of our days growing up, at least for me that was the case.

Leo.
Good point Leo...but you will find that some of us haven't grown up yet.

Last edited by 70cst; 03-29-2009 at 03:16 PM.
Old 03-29-2009, 03:24 PM   #8
crapy67
White wall terror

Great article, Thanks for posting. I bought my 71 c10 as a work truck and feel in love with right away.
crapy67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 04:43 PM   #9
big_al_71

that is such a great article, thks for posting...as others here I absolutlely love my truck and I always have even before I got mine.

Sylvester's build thread >>>http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...ht=big+rebuild
big_al_71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 06:27 PM   #10
leddzepp

Quote:
Originally Posted by leo70 View Post
great article thanks 70cst. For some of us the trucks are special because it remind us of our days growing up, at least for me that was the case.

Leo.
x2
leddzepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 07:12 PM   #11
Shane
Account Suspended

nah ... these trucks are cool only because we own them.
Shane is offline   Reply With Quote