The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-30-2009, 03:15 PM   #26
bsgmcc20
Im afraid of purple hangers..

Re: rear ended today

My two cents. I talked to a buddy about when his classic was hit as well. It is an act of congress to get it back to normal. Insurance companies are tightwads. So like most have said it will be an upward battle. I had hagerty on my 67 camaro im working on getting my 70 gmc covered now.

Good luck on getting it back

http://www.hagerty.com/
bsgmcc20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 04:31 PM   #27
Longhorn Man
its all about the +6 inches

Quote:
Originally Posted by m.lander View Post
i have a appraisal for a bit over 40000 but it is from 5-6 years ago. is this appraisal too old?
I would be digging out that paper work, and call them and see if they will update it. I'm sure you've added to it in that time period. Some of the better companies will do an updated appraisal for 1/2 price or something. Worst case, the adjuster will devalue it for age/wear and tear... general depreciation as if it were a new car when appraised, best case, he'll look at it as gospel.
Either way, you are a step ahead already. Most ppl don't even consider this till it's too late.
And I'm sure you know this.... but I have to say it... Don't give them your only copy... go get a few copies... if the original gets lost, then it's gone.
Longhorn Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 07:54 PM   #28
green724x4

I was reading through the tread and find it interesting that you don't have no fault insurance. In MI, your insurance covers only your vehicle no matter who's fault the accident is.
Good luck.
green724x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 08:15 PM   #29
72BlckButy
Tot Roddin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longhorn Man View Post
I would be digging out that paper work, and call them and see if they will update it. I'm sure you've added to it in that time period. Some of the better companies will do an updated appraisal for 1/2 price or something. Worst case, the adjuster will devalue it for age/wear and tear... general depreciation as if it were a new car when appraised, best case, he'll look at it as gospel.
Either way, you are a step ahead already. Most ppl don't even consider this till it's too late.
And I'm sure you know this.... but I have to say it... Don't give them your only copy... go get a few copies... if the original gets lost, then it's gone.
x2

And... I think that someone has to ask. Do you have any pics?

1969 CST SWB - Project Blank Slate (4.5/6" ECE Static Drop, 6-lug disc brake upgrade (manual), Billet Specialties Vintec 20x8.5 255/40 (F) 20x10 295/40 (R), 250 I-6)
1960 AMF Skylark - Tot Roddin' (Lowered with custom frame; soon to include custom push bar and interior)
2008 Silverado CrewCab 1LT (5.3L, 3:73, 4x4, LT1, Z-71, Towing Package)
72BlckButy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 08:30 PM   #30
spinning wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72BlckButy View Post
x2

And... I think that someone has to ask. Do you have any pics?
It would help if you had before and after pics.

I took photos of my wrecked Jeep and it helped the judge make up his mind much easier.
Old 03-30-2009, 10:00 PM   #31
Longhorn Man
its all about the +6 inches

Quote:
Originally Posted by green724x4 View Post
I was reading through the tread and find it interesting that you don't have no fault insurance. In MI, your insurance covers only your vehicle no matter who's fault the accident is.
Good luck.
Most states don't do that, the lawyers started throwing a fit becouse it would be a BUNCH of work they would no longer get.
Longhorn Man is offline   Reply With Quote