The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-12-2009, 10:32 PM   #1
67CHIP72
STOLEN

Got a couple things done this weekend.

Replaced the capet kit that did not fit with a rubber mat like the truck came with originally. It still has the original polypropylene and tar paper below it. I also finally reinstalled the passenger side kick panel vent door which I took off back when I bought the truck to vacuum out the hitchhikers nest. I'll be damned if you don't have to be a contortionist to get that son of a buck in there. I had a cramp from my neck to my arse after.
Going to save some coin to buy an original style scroll seat cover next. Might try my hand at bulldog clips. Any secrets I should know?
Attached Images

Old 04-12-2009, 11:05 PM   #2
68gmsee

Location: Centrally located between Houston, Austin and Waco. BCS area.
Re: Got a couple things done this weekend.

Looks great... I don't know any secrets re: seat covers, but would like to know where you got the vinyl floor covering. Did it fit without any problems?

I have been debating between the original or the thicker preformed stuff.
68gmsee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 11:16 PM   #3
67CHIP72
STOLEN

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68gmsee View Post
Looks great... I don't know any secrets re: seat covers, but would like to know where you got the vinyl floor covering. Did it fit without any problems?

I have been debating between the original or the thicker preformed stuff.
I picked up the mat at The Truck and Car Shop in Orange, CA. Not too far from my house. It seemed to be a near perfect fit with only one of the pre punched holes a little off on the passenger side near the hump. All the pre moulded contours seemed to match up fairly nice. I notice no difference in sound from the carpet that had minimal jute padding below it. I don't know much about the thicker type. I'm happy it had the dimmer switch hole precut, that was placed perfectly. The carpet that the PO put in had no grommet cut out for it and it was hard to activate the high beams because the switch would not depress.
Old 04-13-2009, 07:12 AM   #4
special-K
Special Order

I hate doing anything under the dash anymore!Now that I got that off my chest....
That looks great.I used to want carpet in a truck lickity split.I`m liking a good rubber floor more and more.As time passes I`m appreciating "less" more,too.Something about the "basers" and "middys" has really grown on me.Why create a Cheyenne wannabee when you have a decent factory truck?I like that truck!

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 07:17 AM   #5
OARNGESI

That looks great
OARNGESI is offline   Reply With Quote