The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-28-2002, 07:14 PM   #26
Alexis
Member since 2000

i say we set up each location for a certian meet. Pleasanton For the Car Show meet(GoodGuys Car Show). Reno For the "Big Cruze" meet (Hot August nights). South Cal has so many thing going on it will probly bring members from Arizona, new Mexico, and texas. North California has Shasta Lake, camp out?

Well i'm down for a meet at pleasanton fair grounds and reno.
Alexis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2002, 12:11 AM   #27
bigratfan

truck show

redding gets my vote or how about irwindale they have a dragstrip too.
Attached Images

bigratfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2002, 06:08 PM   #28
gabet40

alexmarts got another good idea. we could just agree to have as many people as they can to meet at each car show happening.
but there are quite a few people up north and id be willing to travel to oregon, maybe even WA if it meant having a biger turn out. who up there in the northern states has some good suggestions on where to have it?
and how many would be willing to go to the pleasanton show in early June if we had a section specially blocked off for 67-72 trucks?

Former owner of:
69 1/2 ton, change from long/fleet to short/fleet, shaved door handles, shaved tailgate, 4/6 drop, power windows, 700r4
72 blazer, 350 with Holley Commander 950 DFI, crane energizer cam, 350 tranny, dual sanderson blockhuggers/magnaflow exhaust
gabet40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2002, 06:24 PM   #29
junkyardjohn

Thumbs up

COUNT ME IN SOUNDS LIKE A PARTY
LIFE MEMBER OF P.E.T.A (PEOPLE EATING TASTY ANIMALS)

DON'T RENT U-HAUL

ALWAYS TELL THE TRUTH
IT WILL AMAZE PART OF THE PEOPLE & ASTONISH THE REST
junkyardjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2002, 07:49 PM   #30
COBALT

Well, I'll have to agree with Pont on his earlier post. Us Washington guys are in for a drive if Pleasanton or Reno become the spots. Even Northern Cal. is a bit far. Nort/Central Oregon, or even Idaho wouldn't be all that bad, but I don't want to drive more than 6-7 hours. It's a long haul.
Seattle, WA.
COBALT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2002, 10:29 PM   #31
Alexis
Member since 2000

seperating the westcoast

Well we should stick to haven divisions of the west coast. Like North Western Meet, Central West Coast Meet(Most like will include southern too), and a Southern West Coast Meet. Each division should have set car shows dates. Then lets try to set up 1 or 2 shows that we all try to make it too. Just aidea. Cause i think some of us won't mind a road trip at least once a year. Even then we still can attend our own divisons meet ups. What you guys think. Do i hear West Coast 67-72 Chevy Club????? it be like biker gangs but without bikes. Trucker Gangs???? lol ok i need food.........
Old 10-01-2002, 11:19 PM   #32
oldiron
Designated Grumpy Old Man

I like the idea of meeting at an esablished car show. Two advantages would be one we don't have to shell out alot of money to put on the show and two we don't have to worry about liability insurance. I have been involved with other shows and this was a big problem in organizing.
The rod run schedules should be out by January on the west coast. Maybe we could reach agreement on what show to meet at and see what happens from there. Maybe a poll for each state on which show to attend.
After we all meet then maybe some ideas could be hammered out for some west coast shows just for us.
Just an idea.
oldiron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2002, 07:47 PM   #33
bigratfan

truck show

I agree with alexmart1 Calif. is a big state and a show in northern ,central and southern regions would probably work best. as for a 67 thru 72 chevy truck club you can count me in.
bigratfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2002, 09:12 PM   #34
slam33

Put me down for the Club, the 3 regions sounds best. Maybe a once a yr meet in mid Calif. Hey So Cal guys we could do a few down here like the Hot Rod Swap meets in Pomona and in Long Beach. LB's is the this weekend, damm I gotta go rob my bank account BRB:p

" TARGET=_blank>http://www.geocities.com/stevemau/slam33page.html?1004806705410

</A>
slam33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2002, 06:13 AM   #35
Pont
I need another Barley Pop

Ok, Alexmart comes up as the winning suggestion so he gets to plan, organize and fund all three meets! LOL J/K

So what now? I'm guessing we need to decide on where the North, Central and South locations are going to be. If we are going to have 1 big meet, say once a year or bi-yearly, we also need to decide on the best location for that so as many people as possible can attend. Maybe, the 1 big meet can be changed to different locations from year to year, or however often we decide to do 1 big meet!

Any ideas? suggestions? or should I just stay out of this :p

04 Honda CRF450R

89 Toyota 4-Runner

34 Ford 2 door sedan - Long term project

----------------------------------------------
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness"
Pont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2002, 11:11 AM   #36
nate68

Redding Drag Strip in the spring when they start having events and street legal drags again. of course i dont think thats until like april but that gives me time to get my truck ready. I hear that they're gonna build one in orland in the next couple of years, its supposed to be right off of the freeway. i saw the blueprints for it, if they keep it the way they're supposed to it'll be one helluva nice place. but i doubt it will be that great
Old 10-03-2002, 09:17 PM   #37
Alexis
Member since 2000

Quote:
Originally posted by Pont
Ok, Alexmart comes up as the winning suggestion so he gets to plan, organize and fund all three meets! LOL J/K
Yeah when i win the lotto.....

1)Which state will consider themselves part of the WestCoast Region?

2)What is your traveling distance?

3)Time and dates,and how much in advance you must know in.

4)List of shows in your area.

5)Shows worth attending too.

5)A web page to post this info on.

ok this is what i can think of at the moment.
Old 10-04-2002, 01:27 AM   #38
nate68

under region we should have chapter's (like individual states) and under that have uhmmm sections which would be like nor cal, mid cal, so cal. something like that but more organized sounding
Old 10-04-2002, 01:33 AM   #39
CoryM

Im just north of the border on the coast. So needless to say I like the idea of a more northern show . I'd drive pretty far if I have a reliable car but the poor truck wont be done. Anyhow a show/meet sounds like a great idea.
CoryM

"Take up our quarrel with the foe:
To you from failing hands we throw
The torch; be yours to hold it high."
Lieutenant Colonel John McCrae, Canadian Army
CoryM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2002, 03:57 AM   #40
PrimeredThunder
Back from the Dead

I agree with a more northern get-together, since I'm up here in Oregon. This sounds really cool, I just gotta turn 16 hand get my licsence in the next couple months and I'll be free to go

Kenny

Salem, Oregon
PrimeredThunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2002, 04:07 AM   #41
gabet40

alexmart has the idea. good questions. i dont think we should limit it to what states consider themselves west coat, but who is willing to drive the distance to the location we ultimately decide on where to meet (northwestern, centralwestern, southwestern, whatever).
so to you CENTRAL WESTERN MEMBERS and whoever else is willing to drive the distance: i talked to a GOOD GUYS rep on the early june show and we can't reserve an entire section but if we all pre-register at the same time well be right next to another. so he said to 'tell your club' to go ahead and get a list of how many trucks well have and on a certain day and in early february we'll either all call and confirm our spot, or some way everyone can just prepay a certain person and he can make all the reservation in one call. its $35 pre-registered, with a special back entrance so we dont have to wait in line, plus were all in the same spot, or $45 register at the gate the day of the show and grab a spot where you can after the traffic.

the show is Saturday, May 31-Sunday June 1. but of course well all get there friday night and meet up and shoot the sheet so we can be sure to drive in when the gates open @ 6am saturday mornin.

so, unless anyone else has a better idea, im willing to accept emails for confirmations with names and contact phone #s (i dont see why i would need any addresses) that i will call and double confirm that youll be there, from now until say mid january. soon, after im trusted or some one finds a better way to collect the $35 from each truck owner before february, we'll get the pre-registration fee taken care of and i or someone else we decide on will get our spots next to eachother for the show.

everyone let the board know what we think of this idea before we start the emails, then (if we decide agree to this) due to high junk mail, ill have to have a certain email subject title. well, what do you think

Former owner of:
69 1/2 ton, change from long/fleet to short/fleet, shaved door handles, shaved tailgate, 4/6 drop, power windows, 700r4
72 blazer, 350 with Holley Commander 950 DFI, crane energizer cam, 350 tranny, dual sanderson blockhuggers/magnaflow exhaust
gabet40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2002, 04:27 AM   #42
Alaskan
Truck'n the alcan

I don't think I can make it, But if it becomes an annual event I'm there. I do have an Idea though. If you nail down a time and place why not have rally points for each state and use car haulers to get too the event.
Attached Images

Alaskan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2002, 04:53 AM   #43
Pont
I need another Barley Pop

So, have we made any progress on a location? Multiple locations? Are we going to shoot for a Northwest and Southwest meet? If we want to draw the largest number of members possible with minimal locations, I'm guessing that a Central California and Northern Oregon meet would be the best locations. Any other thoughts on this?

04 Honda CRF450R

89 Toyota 4-Runner

34 Ford 2 door sedan - Long term project

----------------------------------------------
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness"
Pont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2003, 04:07 PM   #44
landon4421
Life is Good !

I want to go. So I will be in the central west coast region group. Has anyone figured anything out yet? I would travel anyware, to go to this meet. Landon
'14 Honda Accord Sport "commuter"
landon4421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2003, 04:42 PM   #45
jays68yak

1. I vote for meeting at a established car show and just seeing if we could get a spot for "us", 67-72 trucks. Like one of the summer good guys events in pleasanton. Of course thats just wishfull thinking on my part cuz im like 10 mins from the fair grounds.

2. What about some kinda cruise? Like power tour.... From where to where I dont know. Just thought it was a good idea.

I would be down for a pleasanton meet. Could possibly even make it to a reno one. It all matters on if I have a job or not and if gas goes back down. But this all sounds like a great idea. Put some faces to these names.

"I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me. "
jays68yak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2003, 10:30 PM   #46
Reumster
L.E.D. Freak

Ok here's my question. What is the biggest Truck show this Summer? Once we all know this we can put together plans to have a place blocked for 67-72s. And how hard is that to do? Next biggest show etc..... If we get a tally on say the 5 biggest shows then we can place someone incharge that is allready planning on attending. This way we'll hit big shows where there's allready none members going. We need to get some leaders involved, Josh etc..... Someone with some pull.
(406)675-8082
or Joel @ jmcwaters@eps-corp.net

1972 2wd Blazer, 350/700R4/3:73 posi, err & Custom L.E.D. inserts! LOL
Reumster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2003, 10:50 PM   #47
*MJF*
No longer truckless

I would drive almost any distance to meet & habg out with everyone. So if you guys plan something, keep me informed.
*MJF* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2003, 11:48 PM   #48
Chevy Wrench
former desert rat

Location: salt lake city, utah Home of the 3 M's Mormons, methlabs and minivans
I think Reno would be good, Idaho would be better in the summer. But just to be selfish, Salt Lake City would be cool, plus some of you could crash at my place. We have a drag strip and the Salt Flats are cool. Plus I wouldnt have to drive very far.LOL
94 Chevy Silverado Ext cab 4/6 drop w/ 18's and 2500watt system (work truck). 67 Chevy swb under const. frame off custom, 20's, bagged and a large rat under the hood,and a 1940 Chevy truck under const.
Chevy Wrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2003, 12:31 AM   #49
onelow69

Thumbs up

My vote is for Pleasanton, but I'll go to Reno. Shoot I'm fairly new to the board so I don't have much say. But I'll go anyway just to meet some crazy Chevy truck owners.
Old 03-19-2003, 12:54 AM   #50
landon4421
Life is Good !

check out this post if you have not yet. It is an updated post concerning the west coast meet.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...threadid=45093
'14 Honda Accord Sport "commuter"
landon4421 is offline   Reply With Quote