The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-11-2009, 07:57 PM   #1
p-low

steering shaft kit for bagged trucks

hey guys i know there is someone out there that offered a kit for the borgeson joints dd shaft and heim joint needed to run the steering shaft up and over the upper control arm who is that and how much is the kit...or at least what exactly are the parts needed,,,,thanks, T
p-low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 10:52 PM   #2
tucnnuts
if they can make it so can I!

Re: steering shaft kit for bagged trucks

hey p-low ...not real sure where to get the kit out or if the make one...but you can get the parts from jegs or local hot rod shops...the steering shaft is a 3/4 round....i have some pics of mine if you would like...are you using the stock steering box?have you went to ididit.com wed site...i have gotten some stuff from them before...i have also used a joint off of the 85 astro van or some front wheel drive cars have good unv. type joints.. hope this may have helped
tucnnuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 11:37 PM   #3
p-low

thanks a lot....yeah i figured i could piece it together...i guess it would help to let everyone know that i am using a power steering box from a 86 c-10 2wd and the stock column...so i wondered if there were two different splines and shafts or what...i would just could just count them but the truck is away for the buffalo winter and im away at school for another month and trying to gather parts...thanks again, Taylor
p-low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 12:25 AM   #4
tucnnuts
if they can make it so can I!

i think most of the gm stuff is all the same...i think there is a big spline and a smaller one...i have used a 95 box on mine..but i have a custom built frame with the box on the inside of the rails...but when i was building it i had stock style box and all on mine.like stock....but the 95 1/2 stuff worked out better for me far as the center link pivot points ,being the right spacing.and on the inside of the rails ..i had problems with the toe when let all the way down...so i hope tis helps ya a lil ..if i can help ya more let me know.. good luck

Last edited by tucnnuts; 04-16-2009 at 12:28 AM. Reason: text
tucnnuts is offline   Reply With Quote