The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-06-2009, 10:57 AM   #1
Desert1957

Body Shop Advise

Hey Guys,
Can anyone refer me to a body shop that will do rust repair? Here is what I need my 87 has some bubbling issues at the cab corners , so I figue No problem go to my nearest body shop for an estimate. WRONG! I have been to 15 diferent body shops , all of which will not touch a rust repair job, What Gives? I know from another project that most if not all body shops make their living on Insurance work , and I understand that, But when I tell them ,No rush , Take what ever time you need , offer to remove the Bed and all molding to make the job easier , still no good?

I have both cab corners in hand , My job just does not permit me to get this involved with this type of project right now , Plus Racing Season has just started so I figured I would let some one else do this job.

Install 2 Cab corners and repaint all the lower White on my truck , How hard can it be? Its not like the truck is a rust bucket all the floors/cab supports/ rockers in perfect condition.

Any help finding a shop in Southern Pa. or northern Maryland would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for letting me vent.....

Here is picture to prove its not a POS.

Thanks in advance Desert
Desert1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 11:05 AM   #2
Driveway Dreams
I have car A.D.D.

Re: Body Shop Advise

I don't know anyone in your area. But I can tell you that sometimes the body shops are frankly afraid to do those jobs because they think its too much work for the $. Or...they can't plug it in to their computer estimate program so they don't want to actually have to think to put an estimate to it. And some just wont do it because they do not know how they would back their work. Good luck! Is there a custom shop in the area? Hot rod and muscle car shop or something?
The 86 build thread SOLD

Are you a Colorado member?Click here.
Driveway Dreams is offline   Reply With Quote