The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-12-2009, 12:54 AM   #1
krenfro88

my first 72, we'll call it "Project: in over my head"

well my best friend and his dad are big into the 67-72 chevy trucks. and i have fallen inlove with them over and over again for awhile. while my search for one kept leading me to dead ends i was becoming overly frustrated. when finally my friends dad told me he would sell me a old ochre and white one he had had for a few years but never used. it was stashed away he probably wouldnt see any road action for quite some time. So he said $800 and its mine. i went and looked at it. and when i did i didnt think it was as bad as it is now. but since having cleaned it up. im now shopping for 2 doors a bed and possibly a cab altogether.

here are some pictures. ill have more if anyone wants any.

the grill is intact and not busted at all, and all the trim is there, whether or not its not on the truck.

krenfro88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 01:34 AM   #2
1971 GMC SHORTY

Re: my first 72, we'll call it "Project: in over my head"

Quote:
Originally Posted by krenfro88 View Post
well my best friend and his dad are big into the 67-72 chevy trucks. And i have fallen inlove with them over and over again for awhile. While my search for one kept leading me to dead ends i was becoming overly frustrated. When finally my friends dad told me he would sell me a old ochre and white one he had had for a few years but never used. It was stashed away he probably wouldnt see any road action for quite some time. So he said $800 and its mine. I went and looked at it. And when i did i didnt think it was as bad as it is now. But since having cleaned it up. Im now shopping for 2 doors a bed and possibly a cab altogether.

Here are some pictures. Ill have more if anyone wants any.

The grill is intact and not busted at all, and all the trim is there, whether or not its not on the truck.

wow
1971 GMC SHORTY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 01:56 AM   #3
krenfro88

err if the pictures dont come up let me know. as far as what else i got, a good tailgate, a good rear bumper, a new bench seat, starter and water pump, im just going to replace the bed ASAP and it should look better i guess idk, the bed and doors are whats holding this all back.
krenfro88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 03:47 AM   #4
OARNGESI

Looks like a decent start glad you got one
OARNGESI is offline   Reply With Quote