The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-21-2009, 08:14 AM   #26
strick9c10

Re: Price of trucks going up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1956cameo View Post
... the Dallas CL has 67-72 and 73-80 model trucks in very good shape and nice options lists going for about $600-$1,000 almost daily.
That's it!! I'm moving to Texas!!
strick9c10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 08:30 AM   #27
strick9c10

Price of trucks going up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraser Beatty View Post
Check out those prices! I understand you can ASK whatever you want for a vehicle, but I really wonder if some of these trucks will ever sell...
BTW - that '86 GMC 2500 that's for sale for $5200... based on the info & the pic provided, that truck would be the same price here. And it would probably sell at $4000 all day long because it's a 4x4. Put a replacement wiper arm on it, add a visor, some "smoke" headlight covers, & some 295/50R15's on it & they'll be lining up for it!
strick9c10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 12:02 PM   #28
vtwinsport

I agree with fraser beatty. Prices are going up. I was watching CL in austin for months before I bought my 76 c10. Luckily I found one for 800 when most were about 1500-2000, and this one didn't need too much excpt a motor.
I recently moved and imported my truck to Canada and I could list this thing as is, for about 3000 now, at least based on what others are listing for.

Problem I'm finding now is; serious lack of wrecker/ used supply for used parts and god awful shipping prices from US to Canada. In austin there were numerous choices and even full body panels and parts.

I figure when I'm done with this, a frame off restore and then daily driving, than it will be close to 20K. I know I could have bought newer for that with less effort but I like the simplicity of the 73-87s and they look good redone.
For what its worth.

76 Silverado, 2wd, long box, 350/th350, 3.42 posi, edelbrock performer 64cc heads, edelbrock 1405, 2101 intake, Hedman Headers, Comp Cam XE262
http://beerbreadbike.wordpress.com/
vtwinsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 01:16 PM   #29
79 silverado
Account Suspended

Another good reason the prices are going up is because the supply of good work trucks is dwindling.

Granted, many of us like these trucks as drivers, restoration projects, and toys, but, there are many out there with farms, landscaping business, smaller towing businesses that cant afford a $120k rollback...

The junk gm started making in 1988 and beyond (IMO is it junk) are more people movers than long term dependable work trucks. heck, the latest generation of silverados sustain about $5k worth of damage in a simple 5-10mph collision.

The newer stuff has so many moving parts that when they get high mileage and old its cheaper to junk and replace than fix. Add to that the lessened durability.... these trucks are more desirable all around, and prices will be creeping up. Doesn't hurt that supply is down due to how many were likely crushed during the record scrap prices the past couple years either..
79 silverado is offline   Reply With Quote