The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-22-2009, 08:06 PM   #1
CG
BlahBlahBlah

Is there a market for utility buckets?

Im looking at doing some trading with a buddy of mine. He has a very nice bench seat that would slide right into my K20 without having to do a thing...no rips no tears, not broken.

He also has a couple of sets of utility buckets we were thinking of working into the deal. Ive seen them once ages ago, and Ive been trying to hook up with him for quite awhile so I could check them out (plus a board member wanted pics of the brackets) but we just haven't been available at the same time. Im pretty sure one set is perfect with never sat on re-upholstery job and the other is a set that needs to be redone.

Id probably keep one set and sell the other, but I dont really see them here on the board that often for sale or wtb...Just not popular? Whats a set of them go for that needs upholstery? I think they are wider than a standard bucket so you cant put a console in between...yes?

Thanks for any insights

Last edited by CG; 05-22-2009 at 08:06 PM.
CG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 08:45 PM   #2
jaros44sr

Re: Is there a market for utility buckets?

I just paid 200 for a set that needed covering, but had good foam. Another set, just frames and mounting brackets, was given to me by a board member for free. I think the demand will pick up, much more comfortable than buckets. Price of buckets are going thru the roof!

I'm looking to buy the original covering, but can't find it yet.My opinion?, I think they are just cooler...

Stole the pic from lksdcvn, and yes the console fits

All parts offered to help are free, unless otherwise noted

Dont try this stuff in my build thread, unless you have 55 years of mechanical OTJ training
SAFETY FIRST

AS usual, off topic

They say your mind goes second, can't remember the first

Jim

Last edited by jaros44sr; 05-22-2009 at 08:45 PM.
jaros44sr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 12:17 AM   #3
CG
BlahBlahBlah

Those look great, but from the responses so far, thank you jaros44sr, it looks like they aren't too popular. I was just wanting to know if I was getting the short end of the stick on a trade deal.
Old 05-23-2009, 06:00 AM   #4
PanelDeland
I am a Referee of life.

If you weren't so far away CG I would look at one.My pass side is in good enough shape but the drivers is a bit the worse for wear.I have never seen covers for them and i have looked.There may be more than one mount style for them also.I will try to remember to take a pic later toiday and post.The Panel passenger seat was an option (listed on SPID.(I'll get a pic of that too.)They use a fold and tumble style bracket on the pass side and a regular slider on the drivers.
BTW there was a thread on buckets a while back.Maybe we need a FAQ on factory seat style and differences?
Barrett-Jackson has perfected alchemy,they make rust into gold!
"You can lead a horse to water but you can't saddle a duck"
"Cleverly disguised as a 'Responsible Adult'
"Sometimes your Knight in shining armor is just a retard in tinfoil"

Last edited by PanelDeland; 05-23-2009 at 06:01 AM.
PanelDeland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 06:36 AM   #5
special-K
Special Order

I had some for sale and got alot of responses.I let them go cheap,$100,just to get ride of them.They are buckets that fit these Pickups,K/5s,and Suburban/Panels...so they are a desirable item.As mentioned,cheaper alternative to sport buckets.one thing is,you can`t just go out and buy seat uphoilstery.They are great for custom work,though.I`ve never seen a pair of sport buckets done with custom upholstery and look right.I`d say the take-out seats could go for a few to several hundred.I wonder what would happen once they are sat on,though.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote