The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-25-2009, 07:01 PM   #1
Chuck78

60-63 door window adjustment interference issue?

I had my door apart today to address a few issues, and the last is still unresolved - I cannot get the window to roll up all the way. After going through it in and out and figuring out the "low stop" adjustment, I saw that there really aren't any other adjustments like the hundred in my 70-81 Camaro doors.
After investigating a while, I realized that the window felts are stopping the window from going up all the way, as the track the window sits in hits them, leaving 3/16+ to go at the gap at the top. I carefully trimmed the cork rubber piece overhanging the bottom of the glass where it sits in the regulator channel, but that didn't help. I am wondering if I might possibly have aftermarket glass in that door that isn't quite as tall? The other one rolls up fine. Also could be an issue with aftermarket window felts I suppose.

Anyone else ever run into this issue? Is the window's lower metal track supposed to roll up into the bottoms of the window felts?????? Can anyone check this on theirs? Can't see it on the other side.
*Many 1977-1979 Suzuki GS motorcycles, Kawasaki KDX220R, '77 Suzuki PE250, etc
Chuck78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 07:55 PM   #2
skullboydeath

Re: 60-63 door window adjustment interference issue?

Hi, I just redid all my door window sills and gasket ect. My truck is a 65 so it might be differnt. I have no problem with any of it but the question you asked about lower metal track I can say that mine does stick up just a little above the felt for the anti rattel strips but it not that noticeable unless you look for it or the p.o. put a ton of glue in the track to hold the window in
skullboydeath is offline   Reply With Quote