The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Closed Thread

Old 05-25-2009, 10:04 PM   #1
Rogue_Sentinel

fuse box ???

so i just got my cd player and i try to hook it up in the truck . i got the
yellow wire to the fuse box
red to the power
black to the ground
but my cd player will power on before i put the key in and turn it,the clock on the cd player will stay on and kill my battery. so why is my fuse box not cuting off the cd player and keeping the memory ? i dont think it is the cd player because this is the 2nd cd player i have put in and i still have the same problem. Thanks for any help guys
"Myths and legends die hard in America. We love them for the extra dimension they provide, the illusion of near-infinite possibility to erase the narrow confines of most men's reality. Weird heroes and mould-breaking champions exist as living proof to those who need it that the tyranny of 'the rat race' is not yet final."

Hunter S THompson
Old 05-25-2009, 11:06 PM   #2
heavychevy79
Cheyenne Super

Re: fuse box ???

Get your test light and start from scratch. Red goes to ignition/accy, Yellow
goes to constant power/batt.
Old 05-25-2009, 11:27 PM   #3
Rogue_Sentinel

hey heavychevy79 i like your quote from Thomas Jefferson .A government big enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have.
my also from Thomas Jefferson
"Myths and legends die hard in America. We love them for the extra dimension they provide, the illusion of near-infinite possibility to erase the narrow confines of most men's reality. Weird heroes and mould-breaking champions exist as living proof to those who need it that the tyranny of 'the rat race' is not yet final."

Hunter S THompson
Old 05-26-2009, 04:48 PM   #4
heavychevy79
Cheyenne Super

How's the stereo coming?

Well I'm not really into guns, I just mostly want people to pay more attention
to where this world is headed to.

Sorry for thread jackin

You had to know that this would get edited....Please review the rules about political posting.

Last edited by LONGHAIR; 05-26-2009 at 06:22 PM. Reason: Deleted political and ethnic stuff.
Old 05-26-2009, 07:27 PM   #5
Rogue_Sentinel

my dumb a$$ had been puting the ignition/accy wire to a horn fuse so it was staying on . i had to call my local stereo place to find this out.

Thomas Jefferson
Quotations
http://www.positiveatheism.org/hist/.../jefferson.htm

Hunter S THompson
Old 05-26-2009, 07:44 PM   #6
old Rusty C10
Robert Olson Transport

This thread is locked.... Ive alerted the higher ups about the signatures and comments in this thread bearing political comments.. The rules of this board prohibit anything political and I would ask that those involved please refrain from making any political comments no matter what their views as its been proven here time and time again that these things get into peeing contests and nothing good ever comes out of them regarding chevy trucks .. thank you!

1951 International running on a squarebody chassis

"If a man's worth is judged by the people he associates himself with, then i am the richest man in the world knowing some of the fine people of this board"
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/a...t.php?f=25&a=9 (you can review the site rules here!)

PM Me for your vehicle/parts hauling needs in the North East US or see my Facebook page Robert Olson Transport

Live each day to the fullest.. you never know when fate is going to pull the rug out from under you...
I hate cancer!!
Closed Thread