The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-29-2009, 11:30 PM   #1
silverpete

Setting fenders

Any tips on setting fenders back on the truck.. I have a brand new passenger fender and teh original drivers side.. I installed a new radiator support..

Im having a hard time getting the fender and door to line up nicely... You know an even gap...

I am using the shims that came from the original spots.. but still not lining up correctly...

Im not a body guy... So any tips can help...
silverpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 12:12 AM   #2
copperchevy

Re: Setting fenders

By new fender, do you mean aftermarket? Did you get new core support bushing only or are you using the originals? Start out by centering your core support and placing your original driver side fender with the inner fenderwells out and loosly bolt the top bolt only. Get your door gap like you please and tighten up the bolts on that side. Then play around with the core support till the holes line up so you can bolt up that side. Aftermarket fenders are slightly off so you may have to add/remove shims.
Old 05-30-2009, 01:08 AM   #3
silverpete

Re: Setting fenders

Got new aftermarket core support, new poly bushings, and 3 inch body lift, and a new gm fender or so i am told...

Ive got the inner fenders bolted in, so ill unbolt them in teh morning... i had already thought of doing this but thanks for the second opinion...

the core support seemed a lil flemsier than the stock one but the price was right...

Thanks
silverpete is offline   Reply With Quote