The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-04-2009, 10:11 PM   #1
fastcam1
Young gun

seat brackets?

not really sure where this thread would go but anyways, im installing some acura buckets in my 67 and would like to know the best way of doing this should i modify the backets that are on the seats or get some from a c10 and modify to accept the seats? thanks

Northwest C10's
http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/Norhtwestc10s/
Cameron sparks
fastcam1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 11:14 PM   #2
Eturnit3
Bloodied Knuckles

Re: seat brackets?

I would guess it would depend on your confidence/fab skill level...
and how the orig. seat brackets mount to the seat itselt. I would probably use c10 brackets and make up an adapter of some sorts.. for ride height reasons...
Eturnit3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 07:19 PM   #3
PanelDeland
I am a Referee of life.

I put a set of buckets out of some furin car in my truck.I got a deal on them at a swap.The front mounts were verticle and the rears horizontal.First I measured everthing,height(front and back),distance from wheel,seatback to wheel,width,centerline.I pulled the original seats out and put the furin ones in their place.I found the mounts in back were close enough for the bolts to fit but were about 2 in lower than the original seat bottom at the back,so I used a piece of 1 1/2 square tubing cut to the width of the mounting flange on the seat and just drilled a couple of holes.I used new longer bolts and lined it all up by lightly bolting the rear down.
Then I measured the front mounts and found they were a lot narrower than the originals and set back about and 1 1/4.So I cut a piece of 1 1/2 angle to the width of the original bolt holes and drilled the angle so I could lightly bolt it in place.Since the front of the seat was lower I marked and then measured the angle to raise the front 1 1/4 .I bolted it all up and had new seats.The passenger side has a drop off in the floor (I never looked at a PU mines a Panel)I shimmed the outter about and in or so and it works well.
I really want to go back to the original buckets but since the PO used a couple of 2X's and some plywood for springs.....
I also now have power drivers seat.I spent about $20.00 on metal and such but some was donated.I gave $50.00 for the seats if memory serves so I have about $80.00 in the change.It lets me keep driving my truck while I try to find springs and such to rebuild/customize my originals.Here's a post of how mine are mounted.Just look them over and you will find an easy way to make them fit.BTWE I drilled one new hole in my floor.

http://www.67-72chevytrucks.com/vboa...ght=seat+stuff
Barrett-Jackson has perfected alchemy,they make rust into gold!
"You can lead a horse to water but you can't saddle a duck"
"Cleverly disguised as a 'Responsible Adult'
"Sometimes your Knight in shining armor is just a retard in tinfoil"
PanelDeland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 11:20 PM   #4
mr48chev

I've used square or rectangular tubing to raise odd ball seats up in my 48 before.

I'd space it up with pieces of wood until I got it where I wanted it and then go ahead and build stands out of metal.
mr48chev is offline   Reply With Quote