The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-14-2009, 11:00 PM   #201
grinch4om
dang its hot

Re: Caddy Light Install

cool! stand back and look at the lines around the opening, I've had to hand file or sand with sand paper on a piece of wood to get every line straight also! This is gonna be neat!!
grinch4om is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 01:00 AM   #202
jrsmith_2010
I like turtles...

UPDATE
hey guys, i got the other side in!

heres them both together

2006 Chevy Cobalt-college car, staying stock

Whatever can't get fixed with a hammer, a roll of duct tape, a clothes hanger, a tube of glue, and a case of beer, can wait until tomorrow.

Last edited by jrsmith_2010; 03-15-2009 at 01:09 AM.
jrsmith_2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 01:16 AM   #203
Walts_restoration
Real Projects never die

Magnum force. haha. Looking good man.

My name tag says Ryan

KansasTwister On other forums
Walts_restoration is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 01:18 AM   #204
jrsmith_2010
I like turtles...

thanks dude

Whatever can't get fixed with a hammer, a roll of duct tape, a clothes hanger, a tube of glue, and a case of beer, can wait until tomorrow.
Old 03-15-2009, 07:09 PM   #205
dammitmitchell
the pollock

man it's gotta be a serious pain to work in that garage..
bleh!
but starting to look good dude..

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=343538
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=386042
dammitmitchell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 08:09 PM   #206
Wild83C10

Entertainment at its best.

383 MASS-FLO EFI/TKO II 600/3.90 Posi 10 bolt
S475 and C4 DM running, fine tuning
turbo=
Douchebag Racing: Runs Fine all the Time
Wild83C10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 08:12 AM   #207
wicked_sky_gazer
Living Legend

starting to come together nicely there jr

Im not to worried i have an uncaning ability to save myself from some weeeiiirrd crap
East Ok meet East Ok date

Tony
wicked_sky_gazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 08:21 PM   #208
Stitch
Account Suspended

I've got something to say...I've watched this thread and not posted and just watched, but now I'm going to say something...Jordan, you are a MUCH bigger man than I am and I turned 33 last Saturday...some of the comments that these guys are giving you are uncalled for...they gave you their opinion and their advice and you took some and left some on the table...they need to understand that you are going to do it your way just like they would do it their way...I wouldn't have the ballz to jump right into putting taillight filler panels and welding taillight buckets and closing up my tailgate...for that I commend you...now granted some of your welds aren't the best in the world and they may not hold like you want them to, but the average person learns more from experience and trial and error than they do from a book...these guys just want you to learn by experience and trial and error on something other than your truck...but let's say what you have done can't be fixed and repaired...who give's two ****s...you can go buy a longbed for around $200...as a matter of fact I've got one out in the field that I'll give you...that being said, I just wanted you to know that not all of us on this board are assholes when you don't take our advice...they need to understand that you are 16 years old and just like me when I was 16, you're going to do it your way period...I would've been gone a long time ago...thanks for sticking around...

Chuck.
Stitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 08:58 PM   #209
Vitamin GMC

Great job and the style you carried through, when I was your age I was passing out at every beer keger never took the time to learn new things and accomplish what I set out to do. Trial and error, what you learn is what builds wisdom later.
flowmaster split
Good Beater
Vitamin GMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 12:09 AM   #210
jrsmith_2010
I like turtles...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Hoe View Post
I've got something to say...I've watched this thread and not posted and just watched, but now I'm going to say something...Jordan, you are a MUCH bigger man than I am and I turned 33 last Saturday...some of the comments that these guys are giving you are uncalled for...they gave you their opinion and their advice and you took some and left some on the table...they need to understand that you are going to do it your way just like they would do it their way...I wouldn't have the ballz to jump right into putting taillight filler panels and welding taillight buckets and closing up my tailgate...for that I commend you...now granted some of your welds aren't the best in the world and they may not hold like you want them to, but the average person learns more from experience and trial and error than they do from a book...these guys just want you to learn by experience and trial and error on something other than your truck...but let's say what you have done can't be fixed and repaired...who give's two ****s...you can go buy a longbed for around $200...as a matter of fact I've got one out in the field that I'll give you...that being said, I just wanted you to know that not all of us on this board are assholes when you don't take our advice...they need to understand that you are 16 years old and just like me when I was 16, you're going to do it your way period...I would've been gone a long time ago...thanks for sticking around...

Chuck.
hey thanks Chuck, that means alot. I kno some people must think i was crazy when i started this, but i thought it would look cool, and i think it looks badass now. I kno that people said that i should take it in to a shop to have it done, and now when someone asks whos truck that is, i can say its mine. and the may ask who did all the body work, and i can say that i did it all with a big smile on my face. i kno that people where just tryin to give me advice, and i thank them, i just dont always take it. thanks for the exta bed it i needed it, about halfway though this, i seriously considered getting a new bed and just have the stock lights in it, but i didnt give up. yea the welds arent that great, i kno, but they are working! i think this is the best site on the web today to give/get advice and tips, im on here everyday!

Jordan.

Old 07-09-2009, 10:55 PM   #211
jrsmith_2010
I like turtles...

wow its been a while since i posted an update, well i got them completly done and working, but now im filling in the tailgate opening at the bottom so all the primer is sanded down again. here r some pics along the way!

and how she sits now

Old 07-10-2009, 08:15 AM   #212
grinch4om
dang its hot

cool cool cool!! just remember to block till you drop!!
grinch4om is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 09:07 AM   #213
justpball

coming along good bro, keep us posted.

87 Crew SWB
Build for the crew
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=430082

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3232925
90 burb 2wd

Build Thread For The Burb!
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=383055
justpball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 10:15 AM   #214
michael bagby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Hoe View Post

Chuck.
hear this do it your way in the end its your masterpiece or flop but i think your doin ok & your learnin jus like all of us had 2 do hey ive had my flops but i didnt care cause the car wasbought for practice anyway!!!!! datsun b210 body kit to learn fiberglass work the welding i had a jumpstart dad was a welder & had me out there @ 7 yrs. old teaching me arc & mig so for teachin yourself kudo's 2 u

Last edited by michael bagby; 07-11-2009 at 10:29 AM.
michael bagby is offline   Reply With Quote