The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-30-2009, 05:09 PM   #1
justtime520

Power brake problems

So I just did a swap on my 71 c10 to power brakes. I got every thing put on and i started the truck up and still have a hard pedal. engine idles fine but i pulled the check valve and it started running rough. Its not making a whinning sound. I have the vacuum coming off the t on the back of the intake. feels the same as manual brakes. any suggestions would help greatly.

Last edited by justtime520; 07-30-2009 at 05:14 PM.
justtime520 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 05:34 PM   #2
mclairmo

Re: Power brake problems

Is the booster new? May want to take a Mityvac to it and confirm that it is holding vacuum and not leaking. Also, does the master have to be sealed well against the booster? I remember seeing master to booster seals/gaskets out there. Also, is the engine pulling enough vacuum at idle to operate that booster? I would take a vacuum guage and hook it up to that T you have and make sure you have sufficient vacuum. Also, confirm that you have the T hooked up to full manifold vacuum and not some other type of vacuum source such as timed manifold vacuum or ported vacuum.
mclairmo is offline   Reply With Quote