The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-30-2009, 11:40 AM   #1
nico

Do I need another truck... Found an 88 Dually?

I currently have a 1997 Chevy driver, a 84 SWB with a 383 that is my toy, and another 84 SWB that is waiting patiently on a full resto-modding, plus I just sold my 88 Suburban... This is in addition to my brother having a lowered 87 SWB and a 4x4 86 SWB, his girlfriend having an 89 K5 Blazer and my girlfriend having a 85 SWB. That doesn't even touch the 15-20 parts trucks we have bought and sold over the last couple years.

That being said, a buddy of mine just called me telling of an 88 Camper Special Dually he just found locally. It's fully loaded, red on red (peeling clear and lots of chips) with a TBI 454, four speed manual, limited slip 14-bolt, hydraboost, huge front and rear swaybars, new brakes and stainless simulators, and fairly new tires. It has some hail damage on the hood (was the only part hanging out past the carport, trying to save the dually fenders) and the A/C needs to be charged. Every cab light and marker light works perfectly and it drives great, plus he has started adding some chrome and billet trim inside. The interior is very, very clean with new carpet, and it was a retired guy's race car hauler for the last 20 years... All that for $1500 obo.

Should I get it?
Any suggestion would be helpful at this point...

Last edited by old Rusty C10; 07-30-2009 at 04:27 PM. Reason: non subscriber wiw
nico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 12:14 PM   #2
Dooley

Re: Do I need another truck... Found an 88 Dually?

It sounds like a steal to me and worth much more in parts than the asking price.
Dooley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 01:55 PM   #3
joe231

nah, you don't want that thing......give me the guys number and I will call and tell him to leave you alone

so I can buy it

Last edited by joe231; 07-30-2009 at 01:55 PM.
joe231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 02:37 PM   #4
Driveway Dreams
I have car A.D.D.

You don't need it! I do! I need to trade him my SWB for it so I can take the family out in the truck. Really, though. Let me know if you pass on it. I would like to contact him if it is still around. You have any pics?
The 86 build thread SOLD

Are you a Colorado member?Click here.
Driveway Dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 02:42 PM   #5
chuckthetruck

I am just happy to have the 1 that i have..haha
chuckthetruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 03:54 PM   #6
joe231

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driveway Dreams View Post
You don't need it! I do! I need to trade him my SWB for it so I can take the family out in the truck. Really, though. Let me know if you pass on it. I would like to contact him if it is still around. You have any pics?
I know of a 80 project CC dually for sale (Not Mine)...no engine or transmission.......pm me if you are interested
Old 07-30-2009, 04:14 PM   #7
JohnC

Sounds like a steal of a deal if it's in as good a shape as you say. I really need to head down your way and check out all your toys.
JohnC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 05:35 PM   #8
nico

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnC View Post
Sounds like a steal of a deal if it's in as good a shape as you say. I really need to head down your way and check out all your toys.
Same here... I actually went and looked at the white/blue 82 you posted pics of. In fact, we drug the trailer to bring it home, but it was a little too rough.

We should plan an Arbuckle Mountain Squarebody Meet for all the board members in our area.

I'm sure it's a bargain, I'm just struggling with "needing" another truck, especially one that gets 7 mpg.
nico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 06:22 PM   #9
JohnC

That would be cool, or even heading to Lake Murray would be cool. If nothing else we could all meet up in Ardmore or something to hang out and eat somewhere.

You never want to phrase a question as a "Need" You never really NEED one. If I had the extra cash, and was interested in a dually I would pick it up. If you are looking at trying to flip it, you could do it, just wouldn't be a fast flip. Market is kind of slow, and especially for a big truck like that.

Bummer to hear about that blue and white one. It looked really nice from the pics. I was contemplating buying it and selling mine. Good thing I didn't waste my time.
JohnC is offline   Reply With Quote