The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-04-2009, 06:09 PM   #1
rage777

brackets and pulleys

i need to switch the placement of my belts for the alt and the pwr steering. the alt bracket i have lines up right in the path of the belt. i can move it to the other groove but then it will rub the steering belt. i need to move the power steering belt back to allow for the switch. any recommends? different pulley? different steering bracket? any one know specs on the ps pulley to determine what i could use instead? thanks.
Dual Flowmaster
Edelbrock 750 Carb
Power Steering
Disc front brakes
Drum rear brakes
B&M Floor Shifter
rage777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 06:32 PM   #2
mclairmo

Re: brackets and pulleys

I think I have seen a 2 groove power steering pulley. That may move the pulley back? Not sure. I have a 396 in my Camaro with Short Water Pump and I run an aftermarket chromed 2 groove large diameter crank pulley (almost 8 inches) with the smaller add on crank pulley bolted inside of to drive the power steering. Power steering brackets are oem and I have a single groove oem power steering pump pully. I then have a 2 groove water pump pulley from a small block that is less than 6 inches in diameter to really get my water pump spinning to keep that BBC cool.
mclairmo is offline   Reply With Quote