The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-08-2009, 03:45 PM   #1
rob32472

Any one used lizard skin?

I am just about to get my cab back from ebfabman and was wondering how well this stuff works. Give me some feed back please
rob32472 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 06:04 PM   #2
fastom
That's right, it's Copper!!

Re: Any one used lizard skin?

I put it in mine. After the cab was coated I rolled it outside the shop to get a little more room. 100 plus outside and the inside of the roof was much cooler than the top after about 2 hours.

I would do it over again.
fastom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 11:43 AM   #3
Dan in Pasadena

Fastom, Found this thread in a search and wondered if you continue to be happy with the Lizardskin? Did you spray it yourself and did you use only the thermal barrier stuff or did you use the sound deadner too?

I just got a '46 and would like to do the complete inside of the cab and doors (less the dash of course) as well as the firewall and under the cab floor. Costly material but if its as good as they claim it oughta make a HUGE difference.

Other opinions on Lizard skin welcomed. Sure, its like $189 for two gallaon, but their website claims 1 ea. two gallon bucket would do the small cab my '46 has, so all-in-all not that bad. I don't know what their spray gun costs though. Since the areas I will do will all be covered by carpet, headliner, door panels I plan to do it myself.

Last edited by Dan in Pasadena; 08-10-2009 at 11:46 AM.
Dan in Pasadena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 01:11 PM   #4
gcburdic
Restoration Virgin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan in Pasadena View Post
Fastom, Found this thread in a search and wondered if you continue to be happy with the Lizardskin? Did you spray it yourself and did you use only the thermal barrier stuff or did you use the sound deadner too?

I just got a '46 and would like to do the complete inside of the cab and doors (less the dash of course) as well as the firewall and under the cab floor. Costly material but if its as good as they claim it oughta make a HUGE difference.

Other opinions on Lizard skin welcomed. Sure, its like $189 for two gallaon, but their website claims 1 ea. two gallon bucket would do the small cab my '46 has, so all-in-all not that bad. I don't know what their spray gun costs though. Since the areas I will do will all be covered by carpet, headliner, door panels I plan to do it myself.
Whoa...this one is an old post....

Dan....check with member 'atp' he just shot lizard skin on his blazer project (see the build thread forum)...
Also, I haven't used it, but check with member 'BarryB'....I believe he is a distributor for a new product called "Al's Liner"....not sure it can be used for sound proffing, but it maybe worth the question....hope this helps....

1972 Custom Deluxe C20 Suburban A Suburban Named Isabella

1966 Ford Mustang Mama's High School Graduation Present
gcburdic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 02:57 PM   #5
Dan in Pasadena

Thanks for the head's up Geoff. I'll drop them a line.
Old 08-10-2009, 04:23 PM   #6
SactoJim

I used the sound deadener in my cab......no complaints.
- 4 wheel discs
- relocated fuel tank
-

My Build Thread
SactoJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 04:37 PM   #7
Dan in Pasadena

Thanks Jim,

I went to Lizardskin's site. It says if you use both their products to use the sound deadener first and the heat coating second. I would have thought it would be the other way around!

Oh well. Nice to know some guys think its a good product.

My tenative plan to to use both, but I am still researching and their are LOTS of products and lots of lower cost alternative products (home repair stuff) being used. I'd love to find a good, non-tar smelling alternative that I could apply without a specialty gun that REALLY keeps the heat and noise out. ALL recommendations really appreciated, Dan