The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-08-2003, 05:27 PM   #1
rage'nrat638
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally posted by Nvbowtie
My project was engine less and wont have a std air intake snorkle, so I understand that part but where is a full vacuum source?

Since it came with no engine and alot of stuff gone or not hooked up, I was following the emissions diagram on the radiator support, thats where I saw the term "Vacuum motor". That thing is a crossed mess of tubing, which most was deleted when I removed the dual fuel canisters, now just trying to figure out what vacuum lines that has to be there when the engine is ready.

I am trying to get my firewall cleaned up, and trying to plan any needed vacuum lines. (see pic web page below)

http://www.unlimited2u.com/1chevy/vachelp/vacuum.htm

All I know now, is I need a vac source for the following:
1. Power Brake, Modulator on TH350, Holley 650, and distrubtor.
2. Air controls under the dash, (not that far yet, but will be soon!)

Where do these vac suppies come from ?
Am I missing something ?
** Discontinued items: Cruise control, Fuel Canisters....

sorry to be lame here, but it's my first crack at engine bay stuff, I was use to dealing with fabs and body work on my other trucks, my friend that no longer lives here was my engine hookup expert so I think sometimes I am in deep sh!t, then it turns out I just learned somthing new and it was not all that hard to do....

Bill
the air/fuel being sucked into the engine by the exhaust valves being closed and intakes being open filling with fuel is what makes vacuum......

as far as the brake booster it hooks up to the intake manifold....
there should be afitting there (a big one) the trans should hook-up there also......the dist. hooks up to a ported vac port on the carb (makes morevacuum as r's go up)....other wise you will be running full advance on dist all the time (not good)
the air controlls under the dash should hook up to the intake as well full vac...any other ports on carb...are for switches etc...
this fitting on the intake should have about 3 or more ports if not make it so.....any more questions just ask....mark
rage'nrat638 is offline   Reply With Quote