The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-21-2009, 01:47 AM   #51
*Dylan
Mean Buzzin' Half Dozen

Re: The Joys of Driving an Old Truck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by '72customdeluxe View Post
Sorry man, was talking about that the guy with the year one 350 That inline shouldn't even be frying one tire because of that powerglide. Maybe with a 2004r. Powerglide is like taking off in second.
I beg to differ! It will do a one legged peel! I'll video tape it and let you guys see it or I should say hear it haha. That is tomorrow's task, a video of the one legged peel with my 250 inline six and Powerglide.

As for the headlights I went out and bought the Sylvania Closed Beam headlights and am installing them tomorrow after I wake up and I'll check the difference tomorrow night. I also bought some Rain X and Rain X's anti fog solution for the inside of my windows as well. So we'll have to see how that all adds up to clearing my vision problems while driving. I'll let you guys in on the video and update you with the upgrades tomorrow!
"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."
MY TRUCK (Now for sale)
1967 C10 SWB
Dylan
*Dylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 12:44 PM   #52
'72customdeluxe

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Dylan View Post
I beg to differ! It will do a one legged peel! I'll video tape it and let you guys see it or I should say hear it haha. That is tomorrow's task, a video of the one legged peel with my 250 inline six and Powerglide.

As for the headlights I went out and bought the Sylvania Closed Beam headlights and am installing them tomorrow after I wake up and I'll check the difference tomorrow night. I also bought some Rain X and Rain X's anti fog solution for the inside of my windows as well. So we'll have to see how that all adds up to clearing my vision problems while driving. I'll let you guys in on the video and update you with the upgrades tomorrow!
With or without the brake No doubt on my old dryed out 31x10.5's you could spin them (one at a time) with an "iron duke" 4-cylinder. My new Bfg's feel so much better.
Old 08-21-2009, 01:43 PM   #53
BossHogg69
motor exploder

I can usually get a little smoke from my right rear with open 3.73's and a Tremec 5spd that has 454 cubes bolted to it - it usually stops though after I hit 4th and let off the gas a little... man I need a posi

1969 Chevy CST/10 stepside, DART Big M/TREMEC Magnum Extreme/3.73's w/Detroit Truetrac
1965 Chevy Bel Air Wagon (daily driver), 327/TH350,10 bolt w/3.08's
1961 Chevy Bel Air Sport Coupe, ZZ454/M21/9" rear w/3.50's & Detroit Truetrac
2005 GMC 1500 ccsb 2wd, 6.0L/4L65e/3.73 G80
2006 GMC 2500HD ccsb 4x4, DMax LBZ/Allison 6spd/4.56's w/Detroit TrueTrac

Use the SEARCH function on this forum - it is your friend!!
BossHogg69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 02:22 PM   #54
*Dylan
Mean Buzzin' Half Dozen

Quote:
Originally Posted by '72customdeluxe View Post
With or without the brake No doubt on my old dryed out 31x10.5's you could spin them (one at a time) with an "iron duke" 4-cylinder. My new Bfg's feel so much better.
Without The wheels are 15x8's wrapped in 215 70 R15's. The tires are too small which is probably why it does it but oh well lol. I can't do the video today since it's raining and that wouldn't make it fair.
"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."
MY TRUCK (Now for sale)
1967 C10 SWB
Dylan
Old 08-22-2009, 03:03 PM   #55
*Dylan
Mean Buzzin' Half Dozen

I installed the new headlights, it really is a night and day difference! I can see so much more now and it's great being able to drive safely at night. I applied the RainX to my windshield as well which I hope to test soon with Florida weather the way it is. Thanks for recommending those headlights, they were a great investment!
MY TRUCK (Now for sale)
1967 C10 SWB
Dylan
Old 08-22-2009, 07:52 PM   #56
Timmy Berk

My 72 has heat shields and brackets clanging and belts squealing and brakes growling, ahhhh yes I do love an old truck, am radio (dont use it) it drowns out the music of the metal.

72 Chevy Chyenne Super K20
350/700/205
Timmy Berk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 03:25 AM   #57
*Dylan
Mean Buzzin' Half Dozen

I just had to come and revive this topic to speak of my newest joyful experience! First I'll get the bad one out of the way, lol. So, a week ago I installed a new fuel sending unit because my old one was far gone. After installing it, my gas gauge now fails to work and at the connection between fuel lines in the cab it now leaks. It's leaking because there's a huge amount of pressure building in my tank now for some reason that was never there before. I open the gas tank and *poof* out comes a shot of air. I'm working on fixing that now.

As for the great new joyful experience, well I was driving home from town the other day and I got caught at a red light. I look in the rearview and notice a white van slowly creeping up beside me. This wasn't just the usual slow creep up either, you know the kind where you try to get the nose of your car in front of the persons beside you. No, this was a creep from my tailgate til they were even with me. I see out of the corner of my the guy we'll call hippy1 glancing at my truck and looking at me. I figure, it's just some nosy guy no harm intended. Then the window started to come down, I was in a shady part of town so I wasn't too sure what was about to go down. Well hippy2 (the driver) leans forward and says "Duuude, your truck is aawweessoommee" my face lit up like a little kid in a candy store haha. I said thanks and the light turned green where I proceeded on my way home. I was probably smiling for the next twenty minutes. That was the first time I had someone pull up beside me and say something about my truck.
MY TRUCK (Now for sale)
1967 C10 SWB
Dylan
Old 09-18-2009, 04:35 AM   #58
72lb4x4
Account Suspended

Driving my truck is a joy because its like a tractor compared to the DD. Its a half ton but it thinks it can run over anything.

Nice words. Are they yours, or who said them? You can give credit in your sig...
72lb4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 11:19 AM   #59
*Dylan
Mean Buzzin' Half Dozen

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72lb4x4 View Post
Driving my truck is a joy because its like a tractor compared to the DD. Its a half ton but it thinks it can run over anything.

Nice words. Are they yours, or who said them? You can give credit in your sig...
Not too sure if that's meant to insinuate anything but I am by no means taking credit for that. I have a quote in my signature as many other people on the forum do. Now if you want to know who those words originally came from I will tell.

-John Stuart Mill (1806-1873), “The Contest In America,”
Fraser’s Magazine, February 1862
MY TRUCK (Now for sale)
1967 C10 SWB
Dylan
Old 09-18-2009, 03:23 PM   #60
toddtheodd
The oddest Todd around

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Dylan View Post
Not too sure if that's meant to insinuate anything but I am by no means taking credit for that. I have a quote in my signature as many other people on the forum do. Now if you want to know who those words originally came from I will tell.

-John Stuart Mill (1806-1873), “The Contest In America,”
Fraser’s Magazine, February 1862
I think he's just pointing out that it's nice to know who is being quoted... so if we want to use that quote in future conversations. With that being the case, giving credit to the originator in your sig prevents people constantly having to ask for who said it.

Toad
"The greatest pleasure is to vanquish your enemies and chase them before you, to rob them of their wealth and see those dear to them bathed in tears, to ride their horses and clasp to your bosom their wives and daughters." Ghengis Khan

IIOY???
toddtheodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 03:38 PM   #61
texanidiot25
Eat My Rust

Notta week goes by with out complements.

Though my favorite was the police... Walked out of a gas station to find a cop behind my truck, with him checking it out... He just wanted to talk, his dad had one

Still scary at 1st
texanidiot25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 04:18 PM   #62
*Dylan
Mean Buzzin' Half Dozen

Quote:
Originally Posted by toddtheodd View Post
I think he's just pointing out that it's nice to know who is being quoted... so if we want to use that quote in future conversations. With that being the case, giving credit to the originator in your sig prevents people constantly having to ask for who said it.

Toad
90% of the way something is interpreted is determined by how someone says it, I didn't know how to interpret it so I replied in a slightly neutral/defensive way. That is all.
MY TRUCK (Now for sale)
1967 C10 SWB
Dylan
Old 09-19-2009, 04:52 PM   #63
yote1234

i know how you feel. my wife calls me crazy because i park my 2009 chevy truck and drive my 72 for a month at a time..
1968 Honda mini-trail z50a #377
1966 uh 1-D Huey
yote1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 07:24 AM   #64
toddtheodd
The oddest Todd around

Quote:
Originally Posted by yote1234 View Post
i know how you feel. my wife calls me crazy because i park my 2009 chevy truck and drive my 72 for a month at a time..
Makes perfect sense to me.

My wife and I are in a little financial trouble right now (I got laid off of a good paying job, and haven't found anything comparable yet). So instead of selling the 72 that was not running because of a knock, I am letting my car get repoed and am fixing the truck.
People say "Why not sell the truck?" And my answer would have to be that I wouldn't get much, whatever I got would only help for a month or two, and then right back where I was. But most of all, the truck is paid for.
"The greatest pleasure is to vanquish your enemies and chase them before you, to rob them of their wealth and see those dear to them bathed in tears, to ride their horses and clasp to your bosom their wives and daughters." Ghengis Khan

IIOY???
toddtheodd is offline   Reply With Quote