The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-21-2009, 04:29 PM   #1
CanadianGMC

62 GMC in need of some ideas and help!

Hey everyone, since my last post here my truck has taken on quite a different shape:

Sorry about the big pictures, I don't know how to resize them all to the proper size without doing all 170ish pictures individually...

Anyway, I have 2 questions for everyone. First, I'm looking into getting a tonneau cover for the box, but I need to know, do the box railing holes need to be in place for support? I'm thinking of filling them in...Also would it be possible to find a hinged cover that does not have the inner latches as I would like to put seat belt buckles in to open the tailgate.

My second questions is what do I need to do on the frame so that I may be able to fit a gas tank under the bed instead of in the cab? I do not want to cut the frame up too much, unless I absolutely need to.

Thanks everyone!
-Adam
CanadianGMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 05:22 PM   #2
jonzcustomshop
1961 crewcab

Re: 62 GMC in need of some ideas and help!

the top of the bed rails and the inner side of the bed are one piece. (the outer box side is spot welded to it at the body line). They are made of a thicker guage steel, and should be plenty sturdy with the stake pocket holes welded up. You could also probably remove the center and front stake pockets as well with no ill effect.
jonzcustomshop is offline   Reply With Quote