The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-20-2009, 11:01 PM   #26
ChevLoRay
Old Skool Club

Re: the next "big thing"

My truck will be my hot rod. It won't matter the era of influence, but I gotta tell you that the late Forties/Fifties are what influences my thinking. If I had a set of wide whites (proportionately wide), a set of drag dumps behind the front wheels and a Sun tach on the steering column, I'd be getting there. It's already got a rake, which is the 2.5/4.0 drop. Having it nosed and decked and dechromed just takes it a little bit further on that nostalgic trip.

But, like LonghornMan says, it's your ride so build it like you want and don't worry what others think, then drive it like you stole it!

'96 GMC Sportside; 4.3/SLT - Daily driven....constantly needs washed.

'69 C-10 SWB; 350/TH400 - in limbo

The older I get, the better I was.
ChevLoRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 01:25 PM   #27
meangreen68
you gotta be kiddin!

I totaly agree. I think that's one of the other major components that attracts folks to this whole thing. The individuality and the opportunity to express personality. That said, I guess it's fair to say that some folks personality is such that participating in what's "hot" at the moment is most desirable. I'm not really that way, but it seem's the trends are mostly out of my price range. To each... his/her own. As a rule i guess there really aren't any rules. What makes a thing cool to an individual is not neccessarily subject to the categorizations that we create : street rod, traditional hot rod, street machine, rat rod, etc. There are these types of dividers that people tend to move towards depending on their personal interest. But thats ok, and it's one of the best things about living in a free country. Thank God we still have this type of freedom. I'm glad that there's not some gov. branch demanding that all cars look exactly the same. That would stink like a big one. Variety is the spice of life, and I like it spicy. I have very seldom been in a position to be at the forefront of a trend,(except maybe the mullet thing, ) And untill my little girl is grown and self sufficient I may not....But it's still fun to try and look down the road and forsee where the trends are heading.
Old 09-21-2009, 01:58 PM   #28
70cst

Quote:
Originally Posted by meangreen68 View Post
I totaly agree. I think that's one of the other major components that attracts folks to this whole thing. The individuality and the opportunity to express personality. That said, I guess it's fair to say that some folks personality is such that participating in what's "hot" at the moment is most desirable. I'm not really that way, but it seem's the trends are mostly out of my price range. To each... his/her own. As a rule i guess there really aren't any rules. What makes a thing cool to an individual is not neccessarily subject to the categorizations that we create : street rod, traditional hot rod, street machine, rat rod, etc. There are these types of dividers that people tend to move towards depending on their personal interest. But thats ok, and it's one of the best things about living in a free country. Thank God we still have this type of freedom. I'm glad that there's not some gov. branch demanding that all cars look exactly the same. That would stink like a big one. Variety is the spice of life, and I like it spicy. I have very seldom been in a position to be at the forefront of a trend,(except maybe the mullet thing, ) And untill my little girl is grown and self sufficient I may not....But it's still fun to try and look down the road and forsee where the trends are heading.
Well said...

67-72 Chevy and GMC Trucks...The Classic Truck for the Classic Folk.

1970 CST Two tone green, 402BB, 400 Automatic, Tach, Buckets, AC, AM-FM, Tilt, GM CB, GM 8 Tract, LWB, etc

JOHN 17:3...The better side of "LIFE"

Remember: Everyday is a good day...Some are just gooder!
70cst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 04:32 PM   #29
toddtheodd
The oddest Todd around

Quote:
Originally Posted by OARNGESI View Post
I think people are going to go back to the old 70s style vans
My wife and I were talking about taking road trips, and we were saying how vans would be perfect for it...
And I said that we should get one of the older 70's style vans that has the painting of a wizard and stuff on it. LOL
She just gave me a look as if to say "you're stupid"...
"The greatest pleasure is to vanquish your enemies and chase them before you, to rob them of their wealth and see those dear to them bathed in tears, to ride their horses and clasp to your bosom their wives and daughters." Ghengis Khan

IIOY???
toddtheodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 05:26 PM   #30
jbristo67
resident oilfield trash

Quote:
Originally Posted by unclewatts View Post
If I'm hearing some of you guys right we're gonna have wide whites, spotlights on our doors, frenched headlights, maybe run with no hood and be blasting Buddy Holly and the Coasters as we cruise main st. I can hardly wait to relive the world I was raised in. "I like Ike!"
Hey he is from lubbock

1986 Honda 70 Fourtrax

1991 Chevrolet K5 blazer 2wd

1982 Mastercraft Pro Star 190 Stars and Stripes

2002 Chevrolet Tahoe

2011 Nissan Armada

jbristo67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 09:54 PM   #31
highperf4x4
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by toddtheodd View Post
My wife and I were talking about taking road trips, and we were saying how vans would be perfect for it...
And I said that we should get one of the older 70's style vans that has the painting of a wizard and stuff on it. LOL
She just gave me a look as if to say "you're stupid"...
DON'T FORGET THE LITTLE PORT WINDOWS AT THE BACK AND THE OVERSIZED REAR TIRES!!!!
highperf4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 11:51 PM   #32
meangreen68
you gotta be kiddin!

I would roll one of these with no hesitation. I'd love to see one of these with photoshoped to refflect several different styles of build. Would make a great long hauler....It would be hard not to smile the whole way looking at peoples response.
Name:  yellow65van.jpg
Views: 106
Size:  43.4 KB

Name:  65 chevy van.jpg
Views: 96
Size:  47.6 KB
the yellow one is sweet just how it is in my opinion. But I'd rather have the windows like the red one.
maybe you guys are right and vans are back!

Last edited by meangreen68; 09-21-2009 at 11:54 PM.
meangreen68 is offline   Reply With Quote