The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > All 4x4 Tech & Off Roading

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-02-2009, 08:50 PM   #1
Big-Blue

1953 "Extra-Cab" on CL

Not sure where to post this but thought it was worth a look. It's not mine but ....interesting. There are pics on CL but I posted the text below.

http://cedarrapids.craigslist.org/cto/1391967588.html

This is a great project that just needs finishing. It's a 1953 Chevy pickup that someone has made into an extended cab. I didn't do the work, it's the way that I bought it. I believe that it's mounted on a 70's Chevy Suburban chassis. It's a 4X4 and has a small block with an automatic. When I got it, it had been sitting for some time and would barely run. I fixed the vaccuum leaks and put on a rebuilt carb, new battery,new fuel pump, dist cap and rotor. It had headers which leaked. I removed them and replaced them with stock maniflds. It runs much better now. I also hooked up the power steering and power disc brakes. The truck really needs to be rewired to be roadworthy. The wiring is a mess and none of the lights are working. The only gauge that works is the ammeter. The wheels need to be sandblasted and repainted and some of the paint on the body is peeling in places. The title is clear. You should consider the truck to be a Project at this point even though it has been on the road in the past. Don't come here expecting to drive it home. It still needs work and would need to be trailered home. Some of the body work on the cab should be redone. The side windows are Plexiglass and the rear window is cracked and should be replaced. It has one of those cheap sunroofs. (why would you do that?) I have driven it around the yard and it seems to be o.k. No smoke or loud noises. Everyone thinks that it looks pretty cool and I'm sure that you haven't seen another like it. The tires are 31X10X50 w/good tread. The truck sits up pretty high. I prefer cash but an interesting trade may work too. I can email more pics if you want. David.
Big-Blue is offline   Reply With Quote