The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-08-2009, 01:58 PM   #26
1964C10

Re: Got a new truck, probably be selling the '63...

Besides the money part of selling the '63 what about time and space to work on the '55? If you have enough room I would say keep both and if you think you will only have enough time to work "slowly" on the '55 I would also keep both, I mean what good is the money gonna do just sitting in an account or new parts gathering dust. You can ALWAYS sell it right? Anyways my 1.5 cents since I have to keep the other 0.5 for the new health care bill LOL

My build thread
Looking for help on completing the Disc Brake Upgrade Reference Thread

If you didn't build it, you don't really own it
1964C10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 03:20 PM   #27
terd ferguson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revoh View Post

I guess there is something kind of fun about driving things that are harder to drive sometimes, though.
That's definately part of it. I like the personal interaction of the manual tranny too. The '63 is an auto and you just get in and go. Don't get me wrong, it's definately cool too, just not as much personality as the '55.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRBECK64
KEEPEMBOTH,
I am about to finish my Sons 64 Shortwide and next I am going to start on my 56 Short Step Bigwindow. Cant wait to start on my Truck. Look foreward to sharing stories and pictures of the Resto's we are about to start.

JRBECK64
Can't wait to see your progress too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by markb01
I think it's great to have a collection if you can afford it, but I'm one of those guys that doesn't have that kind of money, and - can only focus on one project at a time, and that one gets all my effort. If you've thoroughly analyzed the potential sellers remorse, I'd say go for it and make the dream truck you've wanted since you were 12.

We've all missed something we sold, but I can truthfully say I've never wanted any of them back. Even my last daily driver 46 Ford sedan. We put over 300,000 miles on it in 8 years. We had a lot of adventures in it, and I miss the attention it brought, but I sold it to get my GMC and I've never been sorry. That's the nice part of this hobby, do whatever you want!
I miss everything I've ever sold. But in my case, selling one means something else that's awesome. The time and focus deal is a big part of the equation too. With two projects, one is always getting more money and attention while the other languishes.

The biggest part though is I only seem to have room in my heart for one at a time. My four door bel air was cool, but I hardly ever drove it. It was so much more fun to drive the '63. Now, it's the same deal with the '55 and the '63. And while keeping the '63 is like money in the bank, if it's not doing anything it's almost like it's being wasted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1964C10
Besides the money part of selling the '63 what about time and space to work on the '55? If you have enough room I would say keep both and if you think you will only have enough time to work "slowly" on the '55 I would also keep both, I mean what good is the money gonna do just sitting in an account or new parts gathering dust. You can ALWAYS sell it right? Anyways my 1.5 cents since I have to keep the other 0.5 for the new health care bill LOL
You're right. I can keep it for now and always sell it later. I have enough room to keep both. The insurance isn't too expensive to keep both. I put the '63 on craigslist for more than I think it's really worth. If somebody wants it for good money, it'll be gone. Goodguys is coming to town soon too. I'll put $6,000 on it there and if it sells, it sells. I really think it's worth $5,000 and I'd take that if somebody offered. But definately not less.

1955 2nd Series Chevy "King Of Trucks"
terd ferguson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 07:30 PM   #28
LILRED66
Account Suspended

Terd, don't sell your '63. It will make a nice younger brother for the '55. I still have dreams about some of the 4-5-6 Chevy trucks I have owned, so I carry a lot of seller's remorse for the trucks I have sold.

If you can afford it, have space for it, keep it. The '63 may be a nice thing to jump into and enjoy, while you have the '55 under the knife. I really like to get in and drive one of my 4-5-6 Chevy trucks, that I haven't driven or worked on for a while. It is a nice chance of pace and also a great reminder of why we all like our old iron.

Last edited by LILRED66; 10-08-2009 at 07:33 PM.
LILRED66 is offline   Reply With Quote