The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-29-2009, 10:14 AM   #1
Smallz72project

Talking Im back in the game!!

Well I gave up hope on my 72 longbed. Shes been good to me but just requires more work then I can muster to go through so she is going to become a parts truck for my new purchase.

Picked up a 1967 Chevy C10 last weekend for 1,600. Needs some love but its gunna be a blast putting this build together. Its got a 327 and 4 speed floor shift. Came with a flat bed on it and the po had already sold the front clip off of it before I could get to it. But he gave me a 68 clip to go with it, a fleetside box (really rough shape), and two doors. All the glass is in excellent shape. Im going to be driving this truck while I fix it up so its going to take longer then I would like but...oh well this is my dream truck or soon will be at least.
Attached Images

Smallz72project is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 10:28 AM   #2
71swb4x4

Re: Im back in the game!!

Buddy buckets and a gun rack. You have all the options you need!!
That looks like it will be a great start. What are your plans?
Old 10-29-2009, 08:41 PM   #3
Smallz72project

Well my plans currently are to run it as it is. Put the 68 front clip on, give the motor a tune up, and then prime the entire thing so its one color. Run the flatbed for time being. Im going to strip the interior shy of the essentials so I can still drive it, take out the gas tank and shave the hole so I can see what all needs to be done on the cab and just start patching it up as much as I can with driving it at the same time. Im going to take the 350 out of my 72 and build it up...maybe stroke it, also swap over the disc brakes from the 72. Over all I want to do like a 3/5 drop, shave it, and put on a fleetside box with wood bed, one piece windows, pretty much all new sheetmetal and possibly swap it to auto. Couple options on paint...either all black, all blue...or the classic two tone with blue and pearl white. But I will let the trucks character determine that as it comes along.
Old 11-06-2009, 12:43 AM   #4
Smallz72project

Well, making progress on the ole girl. Last weekend got the bed and clip off the back and cleaned up the truck a bit, loosly put on the clip so its not such an eye sore to my neighbors. Heater core inlet broke while I was cleaning up the hoses so I ran out to my 72 and robbed the assembly off it. This weekend is gunna be a busy one! I have a google of goodies coming for the truck. Ordered up a performance hei distributor, Edelbrock 750 electric choke carb and adapt. plate, got new hoses plugs and wires, new head light assemblies and the alt/headlight wiring harness. They should all be here tomorrow, im like a little kid on christmas all over again. AND!!! my proudest purchase thats going to take me and this build a whole lot further.... a Miller 211 Millermatic MVP mig welder with tank. Im unbelievably stoked to see this truck come back to life. I will be sure to take a bunch of pictures.