The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-07-2009, 10:51 PM   #1
LEEVON

'53 GMC hack job with perfect cab!

This is not a sale thread. I went to look at a truck yesterday. The guy wasn't able to send pics and didn't mention a price so I really had no idea what I was going to look at (like the good ole days, right?)

So I found the biggest hack piece of crap. Bed, trashed. Front clip, trashed. Rusted and hacked s10 swb frame, trashed. Smelled like rat piss from 50 feet away. Basically the whole thing was somebody's hack pipe dream, but wait....

The cab is damn near perfect. It had zero rust in the floor, kick panels, cab corners. There was a small batch of pinholes at the lower corner of the passenger side windshield and a hole cut for the steering column. The doors were equal -ugly but no rust. NICE, very nice. Especially considering you can drop $8K on a new all metal cab.

So the guy says he just wants it gone and I asked if he had a title. He produced a clear MO title and pics of the truck from the PO who had done all the hacking. It was a complete running 3/4 ton in decent shape at one time before the PO reduced it to this pile.

So I offered $300 for the cab and title. He said for $350 I could come get the cab, title and any other sheet metal I wanted. Not really what I had in mind but this cab combined with a bad title truck or rusted cab truck would be a good builder. I'm not sure it's what I'm looking for though so if anybody is interested PM me and I'll get you the guy's information. It's in Olathe, KS.

Crappy cell phone pics:

Old 11-08-2009, 02:42 AM   #2
sgtusmc

Re: '53 GMC hack job with perfect cab!

For 350 that's a great deal. If I were closer I'd jump on it. AND, with a clear title...come on.
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...hlight=sgtusmc
U.S. Marines - Certified Counselors to the 72 Virgins Dating Club.
sgtusmc is offline   Reply With Quote