The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-17-2009, 04:47 PM   #1
yad
Driving the Thin Blue Line

Power steering bracket

Ok, I've searched, read, and searched and read all over this website for information about power steering pumps and brackets. Boy have I learned alot about short vs. long water pumps, and 1 vs. 3 wire alternators!

My problem is I have a 350, long water pump, with all the right brackets for the alternator (It did have power steering, but I'm not going to use it). My power steering pump bracket was broken when I got it, so it was just kind of hanging there. I'm having problems identifying it, and making sure I can use a different one because of the large 8" balancer. I'll try to get a pic up if I can use my phone cam. I've found a replacement pump with reservoir at Napa ( non threaded shaft) that isn't metric. The Napa site says it's a 1974 Truck pump and reservoir. Now I just need the bracket that fits. Any suggestions?
I really don't want to spend $90 on a bracket from summit to find it doesn't fit. Heck, I really don't want to spend $90 on a bracket even if it does fit!!
The $50 ones on ebay don't come with instructions.

Thanks,

Yad

Oh, the alternator is high on the passenger side, while the power steering pump goes..(?)...on the driver's side.
yad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 06:03 PM   #2
Ont67shortbox

Re: Power steering bracket

I got all my brkts from Alan Grove Ind, google them and they can help you out.The are all lazer cut and can be painted or powder coated,chromed etc how ever you want them ,
Ont67shortbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 06:51 PM   #3
john
member #16

These are the best pics I can take with the A/C compressor in the way. The first pic is a boss on the water pump the P.S. fastens to with a through bolt. My brackets are from a 76-78 long pump motor, which should be easy to find.
Attached Images

john is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 06:56 PM   #4
Senator350

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ont67shortbox View Post
I got all my brkts from Alan Grove Ind, google them and they can help you out.The are all lazer cut and can be painted or powder coated,chromed etc how ever you want them ,
X2 plain and simple. don't expect instructions.