The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-20-2003, 11:58 PM   #1
ocbaud
Garage Queen Material

i think i've decided on plans for the summer

okay, i will finish up my suspension(new spindle and front end rebuild). i will then purchase my new exhaust(dynomax shortie headers, dual aerochambers). after that i will have "minor" body work done(fix massive dentage on ft. pass. fender, rear rollpan welded/painted in, and shaved mirrors and drip rails)

all of that while saving up money in my checking account so that towards the end of summer i can purchase an new engine. it wont be a crate engine or anything, because i cant afford that, but it'll be a cheap 350 or 400(if i can find one). i'm looking at spending around $1000 or less. i know i should be able to find a decent 350 locally for less than that. depending on what i find, i may add a cam, intake, carb, rockers, lifters, etc... etc... etc...

if for some reason i do not get an engine, then i will be having a lot more body work done which would include new burb. front end, shaved door handles, tailgate, taillights(relocated to rollpan) and emblems.

i would much rather have the engine though
ocbaud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2003, 12:06 AM   #2
82BlackBeast

Sounds like you got it all planned out. Depending on the size of the dent in the fender, wouldn't it be better to get another one in decent shape out of a wrecking yard or something? The less Bondo the better, and once that metal stretches it never goes back the same. Just a suggestion. Can't wait to see it at the end of the summer. You'll have to bring it down to one of the Dallas meets or hopefully we can have one up in OKC later this summer.

'82 Chevy SWB
82BlackBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2003, 12:18 AM   #3
ocbaud
Garage Queen Material

Quote:
Originally posted by 82BlackBeast
Sounds like you got it all planned out. Depending on the size of the dent in the fender, wouldn't it be better to get another one in decent shape out of a wrecking yard or something? The less Bondo the better, and once that metal stretches it never goes back the same. Just a suggestion. Can't wait to see it at the end of the summer. You'll have to bring it down to one of the Dallas meets or hopefully we can have one up in OKC later this summer.
http://members.cox.net/rgore15/misc.html

i have 3 pictures on there.

i would have no problem with getting a new fender, but it would cost me more money. the shop quoted me $200 to fix that plus repaint it and a couple big marks on my door. a new fender would have to be completely repainted.
ocbaud is offline   Reply With Quote