The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-21-2009, 08:00 PM   #1
abrahamseven

Bed wood miss drilled on 55 AD

I got my wood bed lit from Classic parts and finished the wood installed the side rails mounted the X members and installed the side rail wood. I went to install the second boards which has the front mounting holes and the holes don't line up in with the x member. everything is loose so I can make adjustments but the are off by 1/2 inch. I measured a 54 short bed that a guy owns in my neighborhood and in measures 2 1/2 inches end of board to center of hole. The boards Classic Truck Parts sent measures 2" end of board to center of hole. I paid the premium price of $30.00 for pre drilled boards and this is what I get? Where could I find what the hole measurements should be ? It was late and I could not call CTP. Would a 1951 short be different? when I got my parts and invoice it states very clear on the invoice " Bed mounting Hole Installation 1951 8 Board Short Stepside" under Item # it has "51 8BSS"
I am going to call them but would like some information before I do. Thanks a lot for the help. here is a pic.

steve
Attached Images

abrahamseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 11:39 PM   #2
Panelman55

Re: Bed wood miss drilled on 55 AD

I would install the bolt with a lock nut the rear and continue the install. There is enough hardware to hold the wood down. Or you can call the vender and tell them!!
Old 12-22-2009, 10:08 AM   #3
abrahamseven

This is the Bed mounting bolt hole it goes through the bed x member and into he truck frame, This is on both sides, This hole has to line up in order for the bolt o hod the bed down. I am not concerned about holding the wood down.
abrahamseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 02:44 PM   #4
Indian113

in the Classic Truck Catalog the bed wood has a different # for 47-51,52-53,54-55. bed strips are the same way. for the short step,what did you order or did they ship the wrong parts?
Indian113 is offline   Reply With Quote