The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Suspension

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-27-2009, 09:50 PM   #1
bobber80

plug n play kit

Hay guys looking for a little info thinking of buying a plug n play air ride kit
for my 62 chevy swb the kit has a 3/4 hp pump 2600 bags with lines and fittings Im looking to go up and down only does anybody know how it performs
fast,slow,bad kit,good kit what ever ..the kit is pricy but with the lack of knowhow on air ride it mite be a good way to go....

Thanks
bobber80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 11:34 AM   #2
AVS_JASON
AIRBAGPARTS.COM

Re: plug n play kit

PLEASE.... DO NOT BUY THAT KIT.

Trust me, you will be way better off calling up us or SD to get your parts. Everyone here and over at SD know what we are talking about and can help you out. Just don't buy that other kit.
AVS_JASON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 08:34 PM   #3
smashingchuck
It'd be alot cooler if you did

I'm assuming Jason has determined that by your description you are looking at a kit from AIM, Chassis Tech, Airbagit.com or what ever name they are DBA these days. If so, steer clear and I encourage you to check out some of the REPUTABLE vendors on this site.

4Runner Build

Last edited by smashingchuck; 12-28-2009 at 08:35 PM.
smashingchuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 11:01 PM   #4
bobber80

cool thanks for the info guys
bobber80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 07:56 PM   #5
andrewmp6

Yeah ridetech.com or ***************** are better made parts and are more happy to help you with a problem.If you want it to lay frame then talk to porterbuiltstreetrods.com

Last edited by andrewmp6; 12-31-2009 at 07:58 PM.
andrewmp6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 02:46 AM   #6
ShowSS12

Ya x2 what chuck said....
And also speaking from experience with that thing is sucks balls. Now I would never buy crap from the dollar store of air ride but my friend who didn't know any better did.. And I always get stuck fixing the f-ing thing. First thing to go out was the compressor kept popping fuses, but for some odd reason it stopped after cleaning the check valve? go figure? Next its dumps real SLOW and I mean SLOW all four bags dump at one fitting. Not to mention that it dumps uneven...The pass rear will dump all the way so will the drivers front but you gotta lift it up and down a few times to get it to completely all the way down. I told him next problem you had with that f-ing thing I am ripping it out a putting 8 SMC and 2 Viair 380's and new 7 switch rocker switch box. Luckily he hasn't had a problem.....
ShowSS12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 11:15 AM   #7
dieselarmy13
Phone's ringin Dude.

Setting up a properly operating air system is not as difficult as one might think. Although it seems real intimidating, a little research here on this kick-a board will pretty much answer any question you have. If setting up a system just doesn't appeal to you, Air Ride Technologies does offer a unit called the Airpod that basically has everything you need in one slick little pre-built package that includes quality components. Sure it might cost a bit more, but it will work. The crap that the fly by night thieves sell more than likely will not, as testified here. It still amazes me that those guys are still in business.

Either way, good luck with your build.

2003 SILVERADO SS--THE NEW GIRL

1972 GMC--THE OLD GIRL
dieselarmy13 is offline   Reply With Quote