The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-12-2010, 11:48 PM   #1
slick78

Dash bulb & carpet

How's it going. I got a 1978 chevy stepside. I wanted to know how many light bulbs are there behind the dash? Beacause I can hardly see my gauges. I wana replace them so I wana know how many there is and what color?. Also I wana put carpet because I don't have any. I wana know if theirs any steps to prep the floor? And where to get the stuff?
slick78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 11:57 PM   #2
spinem
haha, ford guys...

Re: Dash bulb & carpet

Quote:
Originally Posted by slick78 View Post
How's it going. I got a 1978 chevy stepside. I wanted to know how many light bulbs are there behind the dash? Beacause I can hardly see my gauges. I wana replace them so I wana know how many there is and what color?. Also I wana put carpet because I don't have any. I wana know if theirs any steps to prep the floor? And where to get the stuff?
lights, see link.
carpet, see link+
for the carpet, remove all rust, primer, paint, and let me just recommended you buy a carpet kit. I did not, just bought carpet and went for it, and let me tell you WOW. Hard.
I wish i woulda saved up and bought the kit.... last pointer, do not glue the carpet down, and if you do decide to, make sure it all fits perfect before you go 'a glue'n!

best of luck!

lights=http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=380293
carpet=http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=380294

ps, paint before carpet!
spinem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 01:32 AM   #3
thrtsxchambers

Re: Dash bulb & carpet

I can't remember the exact number of bulbs but I am thinking around 6 and all white. I bought my carpet from LMC and was molded for my floor with easy install and prep is as stated above. Also I agree with the point on the glue, mine is not glued.
thrtsxchambers is offline   Reply With Quote