The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-17-2010, 04:31 PM   #1
greg65

Aftermarket Grille Panel

I am getting ready to buy a grille panel for my truck and needing input on the fitment of aftermarket pieces. Which suppliers are the better ones to choose from?
1993 mustang gt

BUILD THREAD:http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=336653
greg65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 05:20 PM   #2
mbgmike

Re: Aftermarket Grille Panel

Quote:
Originally Posted by greg65 View Post
I am getting ready to buy a grille panel for my truck and needing input on the fitment of aftermarket pieces. Which suppliers are the better ones to choose from?
The closest place to you is Goodmark You can go there and look at them in person. Just north of Atlanta.

We sell TriPlus but not really trying to sell you anything.
Tim Christian is sort of close (by Texas Standards) and so is Obsolete Chevy Parts company down south from you. I will let others comment on the fitment. we do body work so its not as big of issue on fitment as it may be on others. I will tell you the biggest problem area we have had on these years is right in the front where the fender and frame joint is. It takes some work to get them to have the right radius sometimes. ALso on aftermarket no matter who you get them from look to make sure it is actually assembled correct. We have had TriPlus fenders where the folded over seam was crimped wrong and causes them to not fit right. You just have to check them. Most all can be fixed but it can be aggravating paying for new parts and having to FIX them. We don't like it either but Hey thats the way it is. Its a fairly expensive part so I would go look at them

Last edited by mbgmike; 01-17-2010 at 05:24 PM.
mbgmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 06:38 PM   #3
greg65

Thank you for the feedback. The two choices were Tri Plus and Goodmark. One of the bodyshops that I sell parts to is a Goodmark dealer and Goodmark itself is within driving distance. I could cut out the freight if I went and picked the piece up. People have told me that both companies products are made at the same place.
1993 mustang gt

BUILD THREAD:http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=336653
greg65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 07:27 PM   #4
mbgmike

Quote:
Originally Posted by greg65 View Post
Thank you for the feedback. The two choices were Tri Plus and Goodmark. One of the bodyshops that I sell parts to is a Goodmark dealer and Goodmark itself is within driving distance. I could cut out the freight if I went and picked the piece up. People have told me that both companies products are made at the same place.
we are dealers for Triplus and Goodmark, There is a differance. not same anymore
mbgmike is offline   Reply With Quote