The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-28-2003, 03:35 PM   #1
Razorback_Fan

Turn Signal Switch Replacement

Can anyone tell me how to replace my turn signal switch. 84 C-10. I keep popping fuese when I use the turn signal and have exhausted all other options so I'm hoping this will fix it. All info appreciated.

Want a free xbox 360 elite go here to see how http://geocities.com/razorbackfan90/
Razorback_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2003, 06:22 PM   #2
old Rusty C10
Robert Olson Transport

ok simple enough
get a steering wheel puller remove the horn button and remove the steering wheel
you need a special tool to screw on the nub where the wheel attached and that pushes down on the top of the black thing there ya use a snap ring pliers with the correct blades and ya remove that holddown ring once this is off ya can take off the hold down tool the whole thng is exposed. Im not sure iof the exact handles there but you should be able to access the lever for the turn signal which comes out with two phillips screws then ya have to remove the hazzard light handle if it comesout wiht a screw. Ya reach under the dash and youll find by the column the clip for the wiring for the turn signal switch unclip this it takes some doing sometimes
once thats unclipped you can just pull the turn signal switch up and out of the column
installationis the reverse

Its been a while since i did one of these and this is off the top of my head if i forgot anything someone please let him know also if ya have airbags mention that and ill tell ya how to get around that

1951 International running on a squarebody chassis

"If a man's worth is judged by the people he associates himself with, then i am the richest man in the world knowing some of the fine people of this board"
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/a...t.php?f=25&a=9 (you can review the site rules here!)

PM Me for your vehicle/parts hauling needs in the North East US or see my Facebook page Robert Olson Transport

Live each day to the fullest.. you never know when fate is going to pull the rug out from under you...
I hate cancer!!
old Rusty C10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2003, 10:53 PM   #3
79BIG10
I'm back with 2nd truck!

Here's some pics to help http://home.t-online.de/home/O_Scholz/steering.html

"Don't underestimate how sexy a fat man who drinks to excess can be." Homer Simpson
79BIG10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2003, 11:45 PM   #4
82BlackBeast

Just wanted to say thanks for posting this, I've been meaning to ask about this very thing for some time now.

B - that link is great, has good pics of each step. I'll be adding that to my favorites so I don't have to hunting when I get the time to work on mine.

Thanks again!!

'82 Chevy SWB
82BlackBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2003, 02:27 AM   #5
79BIG10
I'm back with 2nd truck!

No problem Matt. Let me know if you have trouble. I tore down my old one a few times to learn the inner working of them.

"Don't underestimate how sexy a fat man who drinks to excess can be." Homer Simpson
79BIG10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2003, 02:45 AM   #6
gchemist
BAD BOW-Silverado XST

Have you checked all the bulbs for the correct size? If they are incorrect they will blow fuses.