The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-18-2010, 08:13 PM   #1
MrBlue

Door Sheetmetal

Greetings,
I need to rebuild my RH door. Bottom is pretty much gone along with rust in the door skin. Does anyone have a thought on who makes the best patch panel for this? I do not want to use the stuff from LMC as the new RH door I purchased from them has left a bad taste in the mouth.
Thanks,
MrBlue
MrBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 09:54 PM   #2
tap500

Re: Door Sheetmetal

I bought the stuff to do both doors inside and out. The problem I had with the patch panels was they were not that good. On the inside door skin, there is a ridge that runs along the outside of the panel, that was not a very accurate. On the original door it has several ridges, whereas on the patch panel it was just a sigle bump. Anyone would be able to instantly tell the door bottom was replaced by looking at this feature. You can cut along the bottom of the door and use the patch panel to cut out this piece to keep the original ridge.

See attached pics, basically the patch panel ridge is rounded and the original was more "crisp" and had more distinct lines.
Attached Images

tap500 is offline   Reply With Quote