The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-15-2010, 11:22 PM   #1
Camaro_nut2001
Chevy Lover Till The End.

Need yalls opinions please

Hello, I got my new parts catalog today from Classic Industries. I have never dealt with these folks and was wanting the folks who have dealt with them, experiences. Are they honest? Do they try to keep inventory of parts in stock? How is the customer service? Are the shipping charges reasonable and do they try to ship in a timely manner? If you want to PM me your opinion that is fine. I don't want to start alot of bashing of thier company as I would just like to know what I'm getting myself into. Yalls advice and opinions are what makes my decisions and I value them alot. Thank you
Camaro_nut2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 11:55 PM   #2
MVHandy

Re: Need yalls opinions please

Used them for a bunch of parts for my sons Trans Am. They were real good on service and inventory, just a little bit pricy.
MVHandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 06:55 AM   #3
hippie-46

i have bought all my floor replacement part from them . there was a couple of thing that were back orderd but i got them in no time. panels not a great fit but from what i have read on here that normal for repops . check there web site i think shippings free if you order over 400.00 . every thing was boxed and packed with a lot of paper. they will e mail you if its back orderd and ask if want to cancel that item. i cant complain about them really.
hippie-46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 07:16 AM   #4
special-K
Special Order

In my opinion,regardless of how good Classic is,why not deal with someone in TN?I know of a few who specialize in these trucks,are absolutely honest,and you will be speaking to the owner.They may not have big fancy catalogs,just parts and unlimited knowledge.Some have been around longer than the repro parts explosion that created the big box joints.If it`s bigger pieces,can`t beat the shipping,if any at all.What part of the state are you in?

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 07:54 AM   #5
PanelDeland
I am a Referee of life.

I agree with special -K.There are lots of BB vendors who will answer your questions and have been thru the issues you will have so they can help you over the rough spots.For the bigger stuff you can usually make it to a swap meet they are at(if not their store) and save shipping while enjoying a show(to me that's a win/win).They will also beat big box pricing on a lot of items and you can see what you're getting.

Do get an LMC catalog.It is a great assembly manual and usually the parts #'s are the same or can be referenced by any vendor(they have the catalog)
Barrett-Jackson has perfected alchemy,they make rust into gold!
"You can lead a horse to water but you can't saddle a duck"
"Cleverly disguised as a 'Responsible Adult'
"Sometimes your Knight in shining armor is just a retard in tinfoil"

Last edited by PanelDeland; 01-16-2010 at 07:56 AM.
PanelDeland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 08:33 AM   #6
Camaro_nut2001

Ok great. I have ordered from LMC and I like them. I don't know of any vendors in my neck of the woods though. I am located in East TN, very close to Gatlinburg. I go to all 4 of the runs we have every year and I plan on going this year. I buy most of my motor parts from Performance Products or Hot Rod Barn down in town and I also buy alot from Summit. I have only had my truck for a couple of months so I really just went to the runs for pure enjoyment although I always drove my hot rod, lol. Got to let them folks hear that motor poundin the ground. I will be looking for parts this year. Do you know anyone close to me special-K? Thank yall for your replys.
Old 01-16-2010, 11:10 AM   #7
Beuford

I've bought alot of parts from Classic Ind. both for a Camaro I did and for my truck. I've had good luck with their service and the quality of their parts are like all after market stuff most are good sometimes the fit is off just a little. Their interior parts that I bought were good. I wish Year One made truck parts...they are closer and I bought alot of Camaro parts from them.I've used Brothers,LMC,Chevy Duty all are compareable just a matter of preference I guess.
Beuford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 11:24 AM   #8
special-K
Special Order

Check the board vendors list.There`s Christian`s Classics In Rogersville423)345-4711 and others.

There`s The Truck Shop in Crossville800)237-8353

They aren`t on TV,just some of the best vendors out there.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~

Last edited by special-K; 01-16-2010 at 11:28 AM.
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 06:44 AM   #9
wwotr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro_nut2001 View Post
Hello, I got my new parts catalog today from Classic Industries. I have never dealt with these folks and was wanting the folks who have dealt with them, experiences. Are they honest? Do they try to keep inventory of parts in stock? How is the customer service? Are the shipping charges reasonable and do they try to ship in a timely manner? If you want to PM me your opinion that is fine. I don't want to start alot of bashing of thier company as I would just like to know what I'm getting myself into. Yalls advice and opinions are what makes my decisions and I value them alot. Thank you
They have always been there for me. When I shop around on the price of parts, they are usually the lowest, but then they add in Sales Tax.
Most of the time that puts them higher than the competitor, but they fill order so fast and let you know about B/O's, that I usually pay the extra because I know I'll get a quality part in a timely fasion!
back in November of 2011.
I don't visit the site much anymore,
but please feel free,
to drop me a private message.
RIP...."RATIKLE"
wwotr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 09:49 AM   #10
ready2go69

I have used these guys

CLASSIC MUSCLE
Division of Modern Chevrolet
5415 Kelley-Moore Drive
Winston Salem, NC 27105

(800) 722-4828
Fax (336) 727-4856

e-mail: classic@modernautomotive.com
ready2go69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 01:58 PM   #11
BADPURPLE70CHEVY
406 Powered

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
Check the board vendors list.There`s Christian`s Classics In Rogersville423)345-4711 and others.

There`s The Truck Shop in Crossville800)237-8353

They aren`t on TV,just some of the best vendors out there.
Theres also Daves truck parts in claremont,n.c He has always done me and my brother right on price and product. He stocks 47 and up chevy parts. He also comes to the rod runs there in tennessee. 828-695-8144.
72 4x4
BADPURPLE70CHEVY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 02:52 PM   #12
Mike J
vw guy & now c-10 guy

I just used them to buy a heater core and a battery box. They shipped pretty quickly and the parts seemed like good stuff.
Mike J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 03:13 PM   #13
tcb-1
Nothing to see here.....

some folks use Classic Industries because the board vendors didn't carry that particular part that C.I. does.

that's a reason to me.

THANK YOU to our American Soldiers & Veterans - POW MIA "You will NEVER be forgotten".

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not. Thomas Jefferson

Last edited by tcb-1; 01-19-2010 at 03:13 PM.
tcb-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 05:16 PM   #14
Beatcoaster
69 Fleetside

^^same, I have bought a bunch of stuff from Classic either because other vendors had a higher price for the same thing or didn't have it in stock. I have never had a single issue with them, because the products met my expectations, price, shipping, etc. LMC is ok as well, but their prices are out of control on some items - like double what they should be and/or with other vendors. As long as you don't buy from Brothers you will typically be safe...Horrible customer service, bad product quality, and people on the other end of the phone don't know the products they sell is what you get with them!!

The small guys/board vendors are generally the first place I would go, as they know their stuff and can point you in the right direction if they don't carry it. GMCPauls is a good information source as well, and carries good quality stuff it seems...

I just gave some hard earned money to CPP despite hearing good things about ECE, and we shall see how they do. It's unfortunate they get a bad wrap on customer service because they have a good line of products that no one else does - perhaps they know it. This will be the 7th vendor I have purchased from, and only Brothers has truly dissapointed, aggrevated, and cost me time/wasted money thus far...

Best of luck - it can be brutal out there...
Beatcoaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 05:29 PM   #15
wwotr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatcoaster View Post
^^same, I have bought a bunch of stuff from Classic either because other vendors had a higher price for the same thing or didn't have it in stock. I have never had a single issue with them, because the products met my expectations, price, shipping, etc. LMC is ok as well, but their prices are out of control on some items - like double what they should be and/or with other vendors. As long as you don't buy from Brothers you will typically be safe...Horrible customer service, bad product quality, and people on the other end of the phone don't know the products they sell is what you get with them!!

The small guys/board vendors are generally the first place I would go, as they know their stuff and can point you in the right direction if they don't carry it. GMCPauls is a good information source as well, and carries good quality stuff it seems...

I just gave some hard earned money to CPP despite hearing good things about ECE, and we shall see how they do. It's unfortunate they get a bad wrap on customer service because they have a good line of products that no one else does - perhaps they know it. This will be the 7th vendor I have purchased from, and only Brothers has truly dissapointed, aggrevated, and cost me time/wasted money thus far...

Best of luck - it can be brutal out there...
Good luck with CPP.

I used them and it started ut fine until they sent me the,
WRONG SIZE U-Bolts on my Lowering Blocks.
There were no instructions with the Blocks,
(as to what the length of the U-Bolt should be for a specific thickness of Block).
My mecanic installed it, but there was barley enough thread for the Nut to hang onto. My mechanic called CPP and they determined the wrong sized U-Bolts were put into the Kit.
My Mechanic was going to charge me his Labor for removing the wrong sized U-Bolt and putting the correct size one in. I haggeled with CPP to pay the extra Labor charge. My complaint "supposedly" went through the chain of command and when it got to the top,
I was pretty much told "Your S*H*I*T out of luck".
When my Mechanic heard the problems I was having, he decided NOT to charge me for the Labor.
The fact that it was CPP's fault (which they admitted to), but were unwilling to compensate me (at the time), put a bad tast in my mouth, and I can say that I wouldn't recommend them to anyone else.
GREAT PRODUCTS but their Customer Service sucks BIG TIME, and they have lost me as a Customer.

Theres also a thread at:
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=291008

Which goes into more detail.
back in November of 2011.
I don't visit the site much anymore,
but please feel free,
to drop me a private message.
RIP...."RATIKLE"
wwotr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 08:02 PM   #16
Hubscrub
Cruzin

i have had nothing but good from classic industries and when i have had problems they were solved and corrected fast
Hubscrub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 02:06 PM   #17
Camaro_nut2001

Angry Re: Need yalls opinions please

I just want to thank ya'll for posting your advise to me. Ya'll have helped me alot. I screwed up and bought an item from Brother's and after waiting for over a month with NO contact from them and still not got my stuff I PM'ed John@Brother's and he got the item's I ordered delivered to me (Thank you John). Well when I opened the box there were my parts, all dinged up (Baby Moon Center Caps) so now I have called Brother's and told them about the damaged parts. They said to ship them back (At MY Cost) and they would refund my credit card. I will let ya'll know what happens as I just shipped them yesterday.