The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-08-2010, 01:00 PM   #1
fdbdw

2 piece valve cover

anyone use them, if so I have some questions, do they leak at the top, do they bolt to the head from the inside, if you pop the top while running do they realy keep the oil in, pics of the top off and mounting would be great the pics on jegs dont show any external mounting holes, thank you
fdbdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 02:47 PM   #2
tonypaul

Re: 2 piece valve cover

I have a set of old 2 piece B&M valve covers on my drag car. I have had the valve covers for more than 15 years, I love them! I have had what seems like 20 different motors, but the same valve covers. I do have to make a new upper gasket about once a year, but I think thats because I run a solid roller cam and tend to rerun the valves often so Im taking the top covers off alot.
I could drive around with the tops off if I wanted and not have any spillage, but Im running girdels on my valve train so that blocks alot the oil from spilling over. But as long as you use some tall covers, you should be able to run the valves with the tops off with out getting oil everywhere. And yes the bolt from the inside to the block and then have a series of bolts that bolt the top down at the top of the covers.

These are the thick cast tall covers. I did buy a set of 2 piece valve covers off ebayy that were short and a chrome style. I think they were made buy Specte or something like that, those sucked, leaked everywhere, warped at the bottom, just a bad set maybe but I threw them in the trash...

Last edited by tonypaul; 02-08-2010 at 02:48 PM. Reason: edit
tonypaul is offline   Reply With Quote