The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-14-2010, 12:47 AM   #1
camshaftgsxr

cup holders

i got a bench seat and i'd like some cup holders i know lmc sells them but are there other styles/types, and what are your opinions? anybody do a custom fab job?
camshaftgsxr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 01:15 AM   #2
FLEET72

Re: cup holders

mosesburb did: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...&postcount=145

I just may have to build one like this for my truck.

'69 GMC Custom Camper
FLEET72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 10:53 AM   #3
camshaftgsxr

thats gonna be impractical for me cause i don't have a welder, but its freakin awesome none the less
Old 02-14-2010, 12:36 PM   #4
old Rusty C10
Robert Olson Transport

i just picek up a 2000 S10 and they have a cup holder that clips onto the seat track. What i think im going to do is being i have to change the seats in my S10, when i pop out the old seats im going to cut the seat track that has the mount and see if i can either mount it to the front of the bench seat in my truck or make something that will fit somewhere easily accessible to the dash. Ill post pics later

1951 International running on a squarebody chassis

"If a man's worth is judged by the people he associates himself with, then i am the richest man in the world knowing some of the fine people of this board"
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/a...t.php?f=25&a=9 (you can review the site rules here!)

PM Me for your vehicle/parts hauling needs in the North East US or see my Facebook page Robert Olson Transport

Live each day to the fullest.. you never know when fate is going to pull the rug out from under you...
I hate cancer!!
old Rusty C10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 12:42 PM   #5
camshaftgsxr

cool i'll keep updated, sound interesting
Old 02-14-2010, 01:11 PM   #6
Kaysenmc

Here is mine out of a 03-06 chevy truck. It works great and blends in pretty good.
Attached Images

Kaysenmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 01:13 PM   #7
camshaftgsxr

how is the one right infront of the seat attached and where can i get it?
Old 02-14-2010, 03:13 PM   #8
old Rusty C10
Robert Olson Transport

I stand corrected, the S 10 has a thing bolted to the bottom of the seat. I took pictures of how its mounted. Im gonna take it off the old seat and clean it up and use it on the C 10 heres the pic of the cup holder and the mounting on the S10 Seat
Attached Images

1951 International running on a squarebody chassis

"If a man's worth is judged by the people he associates himself with, then i am the richest man in the world knowing some of the fine people of this board"
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/a...t.php?f=25&a=9 (you can review the site rules here!)

PM Me for your vehicle/parts hauling needs in the North East US or see my Facebook page Robert Olson Transport

Live each day to the fullest.. you never know when fate is going to pull the rug out from under you...
I hate cancer!!
old Rusty C10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 03:40 PM   #9
Kaysenmc

The late model silverado cupholders like mine have two pieces of metal strap that goes under the seat and are riveted to the seat frame. I just drilled out the rivets and bolted it to my seat frame. It wasn't as stable on my 87 as it was in the truck I took it off of, so I made the black piece and bolted it to the front of the seat frame then secured to cupholder to it and the bottom of the frame. Its very stable now, and the black piece acts as a spacer so now I can put a 44oz drink in it without it leaning away from the seat. Before I found one in a wrecked truck here locally I priced all the pieces through gm, and iifc it was gonna be well over a hundred bucks for all the parts. Instead I bought the complete seat setup, and a bunch of other stuff for my 06 for a hundred bucks. Then sold the set for 250 (minus the cupholder)!!
Kaysenmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 03:42 PM   #10
thrtsxchambers

Here is mine, works well and gives room for add ons, gauges, switches, etc without cutting the dash. I have a new radio to put it but have not got to installing it. I put this together quick and didn't follow the shape of the dash but it will be redone sometime.
Attached Images

thrtsxchambers is offline   Reply With Quote