The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-16-2010, 07:14 AM   #1
GmtGmt
Conversion Truck Addicted

Carfax vin check record

i was just checking out something on my vin on another page and found on carfax that my truck has a record im allmost 100% sure that my truck have been in an acident at one point in its life
world really like to know more but car fax is only for US i live out side us so is there someone who uses car fax may can get me the record i will pay for it over paypal

Thanks Thomas

Quote:
Tonight mine pulled a few cars out of snowbanks, and is sitting in my driveway, icicles on the grille, wheels just white cakes of snow, buried up to the lug nuts in powder, straps and chains wrapped around the bumpers, the outline of the wipers clear in 4 inches of snow on the windshield... A tired warrior of the 1980s in a world of low profile tires, front wheel drive, and plastic bumpers, where people stay in their houses until snowplows move the offending substance from their paths, too helpless to travel without AAA and chains and salt, clearing their windows with longhandled brushes while gently stepping around in the snow trying to stay nice and dry.
GmtGmt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 10:22 AM   #2
old Rusty C10
Robert Olson Transport

Re: Carfax vin check record

Im going to leave this here for a while, but you may get a better response over in General Discussion..Let me know if you want it moved or if you make a new post in General Discussion and we can delete this one then
Bob

1951 International running on a squarebody chassis

"If a man's worth is judged by the people he associates himself with, then i am the richest man in the world knowing some of the fine people of this board"
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/a...t.php?f=25&a=9 (you can review the site rules here!)

PM Me for your vehicle/parts hauling needs in the North East US or see my Facebook page Robert Olson Transport

Live each day to the fullest.. you never know when fate is going to pull the rug out from under you...
I hate cancer!!
old Rusty C10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 10:56 AM   #3
FLEET72

Carfax only works as well as the supporting shops utilize it...if a shop does a repair and doesn't report it it can't show up on Carfax..
'69 GMC Custom Camper
FLEET72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 12:21 PM   #4
Driveway Dreams
I have car A.D.D.

The major source of info for CarFax is DMV, Insurance, and Police records. That is where most of their "report" is formed. I have dealt with CarFax reports in my daily job for the last few years. I will say it is a nice thing to see where a vehicle has been owned or if had been wrecked. But not all vehicles that have been wrecked are bad vehicles. And not all that have been wrecked will show on a CarFax. I had a Jetta myself that I totaled. If you ran a CarFax on it you would see one minor rear end incident 3-4 years prior, but nothing else.
The 86 build thread SOLD

Are you a Colorado member?Click here.

Last edited by Driveway Dreams; 02-16-2010 at 12:21 PM. Reason: redundant wording
Driveway Dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 01:19 PM   #5
McMurray76

An educated eye is better than a carfax anyday!
McMurray76 is offline   Reply With Quote