The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-22-2010, 01:47 PM   #1
Fat Mike

To Everyone

It sure is nice to find a website where everyone is so talented and don't mind showing their talents off. Sometimes we take it for granted that everyone knows evreything about truck building. Well, I am the first to say that I don't know crap! Thank to all your post and pictures I am getting my build done. I hope that when you guys do your build don't forget that some of us don't know what we are doing and really follow the pictures you guys post. What you may think is simple, (welding, sanding, assembly) I really look at in great detail. Thanx to everyone and keep up the great posts and pictures.
Fat Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 02:05 PM   #2
nuke1

Re: To Everyone

That is the exact reason we are all here, to build, learn and reflect. Thanks
J.J.R.H. Design & Consulting

My 68`Rebuild "HAVOC": http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=316300
A 58' chev build thread: http://www.67-72chevytrucks.com/vboa...d.php?t=311238
1969 Camaro Pro Touring http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...61#post3513361
Swiss Cheese: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=384390
Adjustable Trailing Arm How-To: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=321100
1968 Ford Farm Truck: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...=1#post6555587
nuke1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 02:09 PM   #3
blackdiesel

Sometimes its easy to forget that everyone has to start somewhere. Its a fine line to walk between treating everyone like an idiot and expecting everyone to know everything. This site is very hospitable and helpful. Just wish we had some more traffic on here (this specific forum, i know the 67-72 forum gets LOTS of posts) Sometime it takes a while to get input and doesn't move fast enough... i guess i get too eager lol

I too, would like to thank everyone for giving me a place to waste all my time on the computer
'57 2wd change
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...light=speedway
blackdiesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 02:21 PM   #4
texas56

I too learn a TON of info from this site. Thanks for all the help!
Old 02-22-2010, 02:31 PM   #5
troy54gmc

I would just like to say ive only been on this site for a month or so but i have learned so much from reading your guys threads and any question i have, it seems theres someone thats been through it allready and has the answer. Im on here so much the wife makes fun of me... Anyway just wanted to say this site rocks do to the good people on it. Thanks from AZ....
troy54gmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 03:17 PM   #6
Thadious

I very much agree! I don't, personally, find it too hard to do some of the work, but the issue is finding the right parts, ideas and new ways of looking at problems. It's not always about re-inventing the wheel around here, but the exchange of ideas is invaluable! That and looking at other's projects have been a constant source of inspiration!

I frequent this site everyday and more than once each day. I've pulled more information and ideas from here than I think I've ever returned. I don't always post, but I always read and keep track on many people's builds!

As a contributing member, the measily $25 a year that I chip in is peanuts compared to the information, ideas and such that I get in return. I'm not an admin, but I beseach everyone to toss a few cents for the year to those that do run this to keep it alive! (the extra mail space, ability to sell and the cool blue tag is nice as well! )

Cheers,
Ted.

Aut viam inveniam aut faciam - I will either find a way or make one.
If you don't have time to do it right the first time, when will you...

My new build - https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...70#post8958970
Thadious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 03:17 PM   #7
NONHOG

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackdiesel View Post
Just wish we had some more traffic on here (this specific forum, i know the 67-72 forum gets LOTS of posts) Sometime it takes a while to get input and doesn't move fast enough... i guess i get too eager lol
I'm also new to this area, no longer have my 70 C10, you think this area is slow try the 07 and up
Since I've been here(49 bought summer 09) it seems to have gotten busier.
There are more specific sites out there.(and they are good) I am just more comfortable here.
Old 02-22-2010, 03:49 PM   #8
Kim57

I joined in 2007 and am on here at least twice a day to check builds and get info.
This site has been the most help on my build. Although there are more knowledgeable people here than me any time I'm able to help someone else I'm more than glad to do it.
Kim
Kim57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 04:30 PM   #9
Kabwe
Certified Car Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim57 View Post
Although there are more knowledgeable people here than me any time I'm able to help someone else I'm more than glad to do it.
Kim
And who is more knowledgeable than you?lol You have great build going on. Anyway I agree, with everyone its a great site. As far as 47-59 Chevy trucks, this is most active site I've found. Cool builds and mostly cool people what else can you ask for.

Last edited by Kabwe; 02-22-2010 at 04:31 PM.
Kabwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 05:28 PM   #10
63 & 64 Bowties
and a few others

Yup, agreed. I started a AD/S-10 swap about a month ago. It's something I wouldn't even have thought about if it weren't for the guys on here doing them. Best part, I have access to all that knowledge. The 47-59 forum is getting busier all the time. Just like the 60-66 side, it started out slow at first too.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated” Gandhi
63 & 64 Bowties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 07:34 PM   #11
Tri5Nerd
Tripple Five Fanatic

This site is full of knowledge, if you ask a question even if it's a question that you think is dumb you will get a reply that will be of value to help or answer your question.
Many times I've asked questions that when I reread it I say to myself what the hell did you just post and before I know it I'll get responses to my so called stupid question, you guys really do a great job with the newbies here.

Another thing I noticed it that guys will offer to help if you have a issue that you think you can't handle on your own, I won't say names but I have a issue that a member here offered to help me resolve which he really didn't have to. I'll post pics when it's resolved.

Once again thanks for all the help and info you all post here.

Tri5
Old 02-22-2010, 08:11 PM   #12
Kim57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabwe View Post
And who is more knowledgeable than you?lol You have great build going on. Anyway I agree, with everyone its a great site. As far as 47-59 Chevy trucks, this is most active site I've found. Cool builds and mostly cool people what else can you ask for.
Thanks Kabwe. I've gotten plenty of help and inspiration from you and your build.
Kim
Kim57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 09:11 PM   #13
63 & 64 Bowties
and a few others

Okay, comon'.... Group Hug

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated” Gandhi
63 & 64 Bowties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 09:23 PM   #14
pugs

signed up on this board in 2003 and i must say, there is a great bunch of guys on here willing to help a fellow trucker out. this is what keeps the hobby going that keeps old rides on the road or get back on the road. even tho my current project isnt a truck (48 ply biz coupe)i still look in and see whats going on and will add my .02 if i can offer allitle insight to someone inneed
Old 02-22-2010, 10:10 PM   #15
nickp51chevy
Registered Chevy Owner

I remember when I started my '51 Chevy. I had absolutely no idea what I was doing or where I was going with it. I just wanted to do something. I was first pointed to the hamb, and (no offence to any users) I wasn't to happy with it. It seemed to me that there was a bunch of old guys on there saying that what I was doing wasn't in the spirit of hotroding, and there seemed to be a lot of negativity there also. Anyway; I ended up searching for info on my '51 on google a lot and there was always something that came up with 67-71chevytrucks.com as the first listing. I didn't pay much attention to it at first because it wasn't my body style. Eventually I clicked on one, and low and behold this gold mine of knowledge was at my fingertips. Ever since then I've been hooked to this place. Not to mention all the great guys and gals on here always willing to lend a hand to their fellow trucker.

Ahhh................. I love this place.

And like NONHOG said:

Quote:
Originally Posted by NONHOG View Post
There are more specific sites out there.(and they are good) I am just more comfortable here.

1970 Chevy CST C10 long box 350/400
2008 Chevy Silverado short box 4x4

Had;
1951 Chevy short box 307/T5
1988 Chevy shot box 4x4 350/350
1971 Chevy C10 long box 4x4 350/350
1971 Chevy C20 long box 350/350
1971 Chevy C10 long box 350/350
nickp51chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 11:20 PM   #16
rjs53

This is a grea site, lots of information, pictures and niced people. I stumbled onto this site buy accident, happened to type in the question just right and this came up, lucky me keep up the good work everyone
rjs53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 06:49 PM   #17
cajundragger

yep, this place( this specific forum) is fun. The people here are awesome.

but I can't say I enjoy the rest of this site too much.
cajundragger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 02:42 PM   #18
gmcer

I to thank every one for there help and putting up with my dumb Q's. I will try to get you guys some well deserved pics.
gmcer is offline   Reply With Quote