The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-27-2010, 01:49 PM   #1
GKsport67

Question Top of the line suspension?

What does a Top Notch suspension cost?

Trynah get my MOJO back since i can't sell it. just gonna tough it out(in this economy) & continue with my original plan ...a nice Resto-Mod with 20's

Out the box & installed...

air ride?

Static drop?

Last edited by GKsport67; 02-27-2010 at 04:56 PM.
GKsport67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 03:30 PM   #2
mr48chev

Re: Top of the line suspension?

Outside of the wheels not being my style in the least I'd say that truck sets absolutely perfect as it is. Great stance and great looking truck. I don't really see any need for change.

As for quality suspension kits at a right price all I can say is pick the kit you want and start shopping. Usually a Google search for that kit will produce a long list of vendors selling the kit and a wide difference in prices.

But price isn't everything. Having a vendor who is willing to provide his neck for you to stick your greasy grabbers around when things don't seem to work right is just as important or more so than price. Product support goes a long way in my book.

Quite often you can get some great prices from legit store front businesses who throw stuff out for auction on Ebay. You just have to do your research and homework on that.
mr48chev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 04:23 PM   #3
GKsport67

its not my truck,it's the one that stirred me up to buy mine.( the RED truck recently posted)

Last edited by GKsport67; 02-27-2010 at 05:55 PM.
Old 02-27-2010, 04:51 PM   #4
brad_man_72
the boat guy

top of the line suspension?
dropmember?
bags?
coilovers?
IRS?
66, stevens drag/ski 18' silouette, 350, 2.02 doublehump heads. comp extreme marine 278 cam, vette 7 fin valve covers, old polished edelbrock intake, velvetdrive, casale v-drive, adj cavitation plate.
28, model a rpu project,
brad_man_72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 04:55 PM   #5
GKsport67

Are they all different set ups? whats IRS(independant rear susp) & a dropmember? I would love to air ride my truck with some color'd wheels & shop truck logo
Old 02-27-2010, 05:10 PM   #6
brad_man_72
the boat guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKsport67 View Post
Are they all different set ups? whats IRS(independant rear susp) & a dropmember? I would love to air ride my truck with some color'd wheels & shop truck logo
dropmember, do a search here, its a complete front crossmeber with correct geometry for handeling at a much lower ride height, im pretty sure it uses airbags for lift. pretty pricey but if you want a low truck that will go around a corner its probably your best bet.

IRS is independent rear suspension like from a jag or vette, its been done, very BA, but im sure their isnt a kit for it.

most people would be very satisfied with drop spindles, tubular control arms, c-notch, airbags and a couple of big swaybars. their are a couple of kits like this on the market, easy to find ad for these in classic custom trucks, truckin ect.

from what ive seen in missouri most people cut front springs, drop spring in the rear, sway bar from a later model truck in the front, maybe drop spindles, maybe a c-notch. low, cheap, handles quite a bit better than stock.
66, stevens drag/ski 18' silouette, 350, 2.02 doublehump heads. comp extreme marine 278 cam, vette 7 fin valve covers, old polished edelbrock intake, velvetdrive, casale v-drive, adj cavitation plate.
28, model a rpu project,

Last edited by brad_man_72; 02-27-2010 at 05:11 PM.
brad_man_72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 05:20 PM   #7
Dingfodgy
Lemme show you something!!

If I was building a top of the line Pro-Touring truck I would start with a bare tube frame from Art Morrison or Jim Meyer. Then I would add a Porter-Built C5 Drop Member in front complete with 'Vette control arms/spindles, Ride-Tech shockwaves, Wilwood 13", 6-piston brakes and MII Rack and pinion steering. Out back I would put in either a Kugel Komponents or Concourse West D44 or 9" IRS with billet control arms, shockwaves and 1+" swaybars front and rear. 20 x 8.5 and 20 x 10 rims with low-ish profile tires (no rubber bands though) would round out the foundation.

Given all this, I would expect to pay 20-25 grand for the setup.
'95 BMW 325i ("Joy")

Last edited by Dingfodgy; 02-27-2010 at 05:21 PM.
Dingfodgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 05:33 PM   #8
GKsport67

Ok,IRS is from the Vette. I used to see that on Car Craft & Hot Rod when i was a kid. I just got bit by the bug again & i know how i wanna build my truck.

I will go Shop Truck style with red in the rims & a red interior from LMC. I will find some Modern 20's to match the rally painted style wheels.

Dumping another 6 to 8 grand for shop logo to match my Warrior rendering & logo,rims,tires & interior ....& im done.

Thanx guys. I will get to countn the cost & get with it!

Last edited by GKsport67; 03-05-2010 at 09:03 AM.
Old 02-27-2010, 06:02 PM   #9
GKsport67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dingfodgy View Post
If I was building a top of the line Pro-Touring truck I would start with a bare tube frame from Art Morrison or Jim Meyer. Then I would add a Porter-Built C5 Drop Member in front complete with 'Vette control arms/spindles, Ride-Tech shockwaves, Wilwood 13", 6-piston brakes and MII Rack and pinion steering. Out back I would put in either a Kugel Komponents or Concourse West D44 or 9" IRS with billet control arms, shockwaves and 1+" swaybars front and rear. 20 x 8.5 and 20 x 10 rims with low-ish profile tires (no rubber bands though) would round out the foundation.

Given all this, I would expect to pay 20-25 grand for the setup.

I guess i should set my budget & see what i can get,cuz there is a budget!
I like the tubular stuff Air Ride i used to see in Custom Classic Trucks. I don't follow those Mags anymore. Been trynah get MY business off the ground.