The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-07-2010, 10:51 PM   #1
Hellbent
Don't blame the messenger

Parts Vendors

I wanted to throw this out there to anyone shopping for parts; especially for the newbies. The past month or so I have been dealing with vendors all across the states. Here is a list of vendors that make parts for our trucks listed in no paticular order! I know when I got started it took me forever to locate parts.

Mikes Bump and Grind- Online Catalog (Excellent Customer Service and Prices)
Classic Industries-Free Catalog
Classic Parts of America-Free Catalog
Brothers- Free Catalog
Jim Carters Classics- Free Catalog
LMC Truck- Free Catalog
The Truck and Car shop- Free Catalog (Warning.... Horrible Customer Service)

On the Level
Just a guy with a hammer and a grinder. OH!, and an HOA- enough said...: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=372525
"Some drink from the fountain of knowledge while others just gargle."

Last edited by Hellbent; 03-07-2010 at 10:57 PM.
Hellbent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 11:50 PM   #2
Shyguy

Re: Parts Vendors

We just made a big order with Truck and Car shop and was not pleased with the first person we talked to.

We requested they put someone on the line that knew something about the parts and they did.

It has only been a few days now so we are not sure of the quality.

LMC catalogs are a great resource to determine what year parts will interchange and how some stuff goes together, but have found that their customer service people are not the most knowledgeable.

We use to have a local parts place that handled parts for the these trucks. The guy knew a lot about these old trucks and his prices were great, but he retired last year.

Danny
'92 GMC K-3500 Duallie, 454/4L80E.
Shyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 08:59 AM   #3
Hellbent
Don't blame the messenger

Don't be surprised when your order from Truck and Car shop comes to you incomplete. I still have parts on BACK ORDER as it is marked on my invoice. They offer no ETA and refuse to give order tracking numbers (they state it is against company policy to give tracking numbers).

On the Level
Just a guy with a hammer and a grinder. OH!, and an HOA- enough said...: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=372525
"Some drink from the fountain of knowledge while others just gargle."
Hellbent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 09:23 AM   #4
70cst

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/links/index.php

If one is looking for suppliers for our trucks...the above is an excellent source. You will fine competitive prices, good service, and people who for the most part who knows our trucks.

67-72 Chevy and GMC Trucks...The Classic Truck for the Classic Folk.

1970 CST Two tone green, 402BB, 400 Automatic, Tach, Buckets, AC, AM-FM, Tilt, GM CB, GM 8 Tract, LWB, etc

JOHN 17:3...The better side of "LIFE"

Remember: Everyday is a good day...Some are just gooder!
70cst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 08:49 AM   #5
Huck

LMC always had the best catalog--PERIOD. Prices--used to be "the truck shop" in Orange Calif was a primary importer and had the best prices but not any more. Finding a supplier with great phone support is tough as it is all about who answers the phone and what kind of mood they are in. Keep in mind that they are not in business to be a problem solver and you really need to have a shop manual available to help you help yourself. I have had great luck with board sponsoring dealers--GMC Paul, Christians, Southern Ky Classics, Atherys, Kennys, but thats NOT to say there aren't other great dealers--these guys just are a bit closer and tend to go to the same swap meets I go to.
There are some great dealers in the North West etc. You might want to hook up with a few local board members as they will be a great source for local dealers etc. Huck
Huck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 10:28 AM   #6
Tx Firefighter
Watch out for your cornhole !

I have ordered from Classic Parts at least once a month for the last year. Every single order has been delivered complete, on time, and without any issues at all.

What I don't order from Classic, I get from Kenny's Trucks. He does mail order, but also makes all the swap meets I sell at, so he just gathers my orders and delivers them to me at the swaps.
Old 03-10-2010, 11:23 AM   #7
dfwright

I've ordered several times from Classic Parts myself, based on an earlier recommendation from TX Firefighter, and have been very pleased as well.

Deconstruction began 5/2009, mostly completed restoration, 5/2017
dfwright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 11:35 AM   #8
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70cst View Post
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/links/index.php

If one is looking for suppliers for our trucks...the above is an excellent source. You will fine competitive prices, good service, and people who for the most part who knows our trucks.
also the review board http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/f...splay.php?f=26

and the site supporting vendors http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showgroups.php
Liz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 11:54 AM   #9
birddogger

Try Manes Truck Parts out of Odessa, Missouri.

Good to deal with so far for new and used parts. Ron is very knowledgeable

http://www.manestruckparts.com/index.cfm
birddogger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 12:08 PM   #10
vettejohn

Stay away from Autoloc. The people who answer the phone are rude and not very knowledgeable. I ordered some off-white seat belts from them and they arrived - very, very pink. I called and told them I didn't want them and why. The guy on the phone laughed and agreed that their version of off-white is really pink. I told him to have the box picked up by FedEx and he laughed. We don't pay for returns, he said. He got someone else on the phone and the second guy suggested I upgrade to a belt with a buckle and a style I never wanted, and he would guarantee the color was what I wanted. If I agreed to spend even more money, they would let me keep the pink belts. I paid the postage to send the belts back and got my refund. Autoloc also over-charged me for postage on the initial order. The shipping was supposed to be around $14.00 and I had $115.00 for shipping charged to my credit card account. That took 3 phone calls to straighten out. What a disaster of a company.
vettejohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 12:15 PM   #11
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

when you guys have deals like that, and good ones. Please post them on the review board. That helps the next guy looking for stuff
Liz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 12:51 PM   #12
Roland

I ordered several things recently from LMC truck, window gaskets, window chrome strips for my '72, radio, etc. Tracking number was furnished immediately and the shipment came quickly. One big box containing the chrome strips for windshield and back glass was torn and the curved chrome piece for the left lower side of the windshield was sticking out slightly. when I checked it, it had a slight kink that I wasn't able to straighten satisfactorily. I figured I 'd have to live with it but called them anyway. The lady answering the phone took the details and told me that she woulld see if they could replace just the bent piece. Then she said I would recieve a replacement within 10 days. Less than 10 days later, I recieved the entire windshield chrome. I am satisfied with LMC!
Roland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 07:00 PM   #13
powell72

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tx Firefighter View Post
I have ordered from Classic Parts at least once a month for the last year. Every single order has been delivered complete, on time, and without any issues at all.

What I don't order from Classic, I get from Kenny's Trucks. He does mail order, but also makes all the swap meets I sell at, so he just gathers my orders and delivers them to me at the swaps.
This is basically what I do, buy from Kenny's at the swapmeet and order pretty much everything else from Classic Parts. I've never had a bad experience with them and the pricing is reasonable.
I've ordered parts online before and gotten an email the next day saying it was backordered, and still got the stuff in five business days.

http://www.classictrucks.com/feature...short_bed.html

Last edited by powell72; 03-10-2010 at 07:01 PM.
powell72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 09:15 PM   #14
ole red

I needed some molding for my burb the other day and called The Truck and Car Shop and was put on HOLD!HOLD!HOLD!HOLD!HOLD!HOLD! Finally went to Mar-K and was shipped the same day. Also Classic Heartbeat is good.
Old 03-10-2010, 09:27 PM   #15
culp7
HickTown

Classic Parts is great and offers a military discount!
1976 Dodge Aspen W/ 225
2000 Toyota Tundra w/4.7
1987 Dodge Ram D-100 w/360
255/70-15
Old 03-10-2010, 10:13 PM   #16
beechd18
Account Suspended

Not impressed with Classic at all!!! I had better luck with Brother's
beechd18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 10:33 PM   #17
71 super

Christian's, GMC Pauls, Cheyenne Super- Man in Abilene texas, The truck shop in Crossville Tenn, Classic Muscle in Winston -Salem and Tommy's truck parts in Shelby NC are also good. truck shop in california only for small incidentals as well as LMC. Classic Heartbeat is hard to beat, but is so far away from me it is not practical to use, but The one time I did use, service was great. Koop's truck parts in Kansas is also a good source for hard to get pieces. If you are planning to do a correct restoration each of these places offer items unique to them and not always available from other suppliers.
69 swb cst 6 cylinder/ overdrive
69 black/black cst bb swb
70 orange and white cst Canada built truck swb bb
71 black and white super swb bb
71 red and white super swb
72 green and white super swb 4x4
62 nova wagon 400 series Ls swapped
68 Camaro 327/4 speed- 1 owner, original paint
66 Volkswagen bettle
69 auto stick Volkswagen Beetle
71 super is offline   Reply With Quote