The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-16-2010, 11:04 PM   #26
65Custom

Re: Dash Color 66 C10

I know that this post is a little old but wanted to ask a question.

Is the Fawn color the only color they painted the interiors?
From what I can remember about my fathers truck way back in the 70's his interior was a light silver color and not this gold or fawn color it was an all original 64 C10 Short Fleet, Custom cab White ext with black between the Custom trim, Also I can remember an uncles truck that had a red Interior his was a 65 or 66 with the black and Red scheme on the exterior and as far as I can remember it had never been repainted

My Build Thread
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=366677

I must be
65Custom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 01:39 AM   #27
collins10672

as far as i know they only came in one color and you guessed it fawn metallic 65custom.although some trucks did have red vinyl and nylon insert seats and matching red armrests,but they are rare to find.1964 trucks have the fawn interior with white steering wheel and column.1965 trucks have the fawn interior with matching fawn steering wheel and column.1966 trucks have fawn interior with flat medium fawn dash and fawn steering wheel and column.also custom cab trucks have two tone door panels trimmed in white.as for your dad and uncles trucks they did not come painted black or red between chrome.all trucks with side mouldings used white in between chrome. factory white trucks had black tailgate letters.
collins10672 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 05:23 PM   #28
65Custom

Quote:
Originally Posted by collins10672 View Post
as far as i know they only came in one color and you guessed it fawn metallic 65custom.although some trucks did have red vinyl and nylon insert seats and matching red armrests,but they are rare to find.1964 trucks have the fawn interior with white steering wheel and column.1965 trucks have the fawn interior with matching fawn steering wheel and column.1966 trucks have fawn interior with flat medium fawn dash and fawn steering wheel and column.also custom cab trucks have two tone door panels trimmed in white.as for your dad and uncles trucks they did not come painted black or red between chrome.all trucks with side mouldings used white in between chrome. factory white trucks had black tailgate letters.
Well I'm not going to argue with you, but I am not sold on your Information. I know that my fathers truck was white with black between the trim as well as my uncles truck was black with red, Now with that being said the stripe could have been painted at the dealer but I know that both of them were original paint neither truck had been repainted. On the interior for the Black truck I cant remember what the color combo was but I do remember the seat being trimmed in red the dash may not have been

On my fathers 64 I know that it had a silver/gray interior with a silver/gray vinyl seat and again it was original never repainted I spent a lot of time growing up in that truck and I remember it well and it never looked like the Fawn color that I see in many of these trucks. I am pretty sure out of all the trucks they built that not all of them had the Fawn interior color.

I just would like to have someone really confirm it with some good solid information All of the color charts that I have seen leave it a little open to interpretation.

My Build Thread

I must be
Old 03-17-2010, 05:32 PM   #29
collins10672

my information comes from the 1966 gm specification book.i am not here to argue either.we are adults after all.i have seen white trucks before too that had red in between the chrome also.as for your dad and uncles trucks who knows?but the info i provide comes from general motors so it is anybody's guess.by the way i really like your build,it is awesome the work you have done on your cab.good luck with your build.
collins10672 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 08:08 PM   #30
likaroc13
Rollin' Old Skool

in these you can see the contrasting dash color

likaroc13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 08:58 PM   #31
65Custom

Quote:
Originally Posted by collins10672 View Post
my information comes from the 1966 gm specification book.i am not here to argue either.we are adults after all.i have seen white trucks before too that had red in between the chrome also.as for your dad and uncles trucks who knows?but the info i provide comes from general motors so it is anybody's guess.by the way i really like your build,it is awesome the work you have done on your cab.good luck with your build.
Thanks for comment on the build and I'm not denying you information, but as for my dads goes fawn is not what I remember the color was, now of course I am getting old and I could be color blind

My Build Thread

I must be