The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-23-2010, 10:33 AM   #1
Guy58

Smile Bumper Question

I have 5 1967 rims I had power coated gloss black. My C-10 stepside is a medium blue. Does anyone have any thoughts on if I should power coat the bumpers, headlight besels, and front mouldings black or white. Any pictures would help me make up my mind. Having the 5 rims done were expensive so I would not really want to have them redone in white. White was what they should have been done in to begin with. My mistake!
Guy
Guy58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 12:18 PM   #2
tubbedII
needs more $$$

Re: Bumper Question

I think if you have a nice theme going with the truck, painted/powder coated bumpers to match the rims can look awesome. This really depends on the color of the truck though. Maybe a little ghetto, but you could mask off the bumper with tape and paint the tape with black rattle can, then mount 'em up and see if you like it.
Old 03-23-2010, 12:56 PM   #3
ChevLoRay
Old Skool Club

Re: Bumper Question

Here's a '67 that a friend bought new. He's had it repainted as original. His body color is silver, and his wheels are argent. His grille is body color, but it has the bright trim, which was an option. Early Classic Enterprises did a restomod on a '68, that is red and white. The grille is white, but with the bright trim. I have pix from a '69 Dealer Book, but don't have a '67 Dealer book to compare it to.

As for the white vs. black, body color dictated what it had on the wheels, bumper, and grille, as well as the tailgate lettering.
Attached Images

'96 GMC Sportside; 4.3/SLT - Daily driven....constantly needs washed.

'69 C-10 SWB; 350/TH400 - in limbo

The older I get, the better I was.

Last edited by ChevLoRay; 03-23-2010 at 12:59 PM.
ChevLoRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 07:59 PM   #4
Guy58

Smile Re: Bumper Question

Thanks for the replies.

I am still undecided. Placing something black on the front bumper seems like a good idea. It may help me make up my mind, but I am really "old school". Mostly I have two basic ways I can go. Re-power coat the wheels white along with the front grill trim, bumpers, and head light besels. Or leave the wheels gloss black and have everything chromed. Desisions, desisions! No offense to the ladies, but I must sound like a women to you guys.

Guy
Guy58 is offline   Reply With Quote