The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-31-2010, 09:52 PM   #1
Boise69
The Hammer Man

anyone in the florida keys?

I'm going down next month to spend some weeks in the sun, would be good to meet and greet some of you who live down there or near by so i can see your ride.

1969 Chevy C-10 SWB 350/400 - drivable project

www.americanhammer.com

2013 MBZ Sprinter customized
2005 MBZ Sprinter Van
2004 Land Rover Discovery
2001 Yamaha Road Star
1997 MBZ E420
1989 Ferrari Mondial T
Boise69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 09:55 PM   #2
tcb-1
Nothing to see here.....

Re: anyone in the florida keys?

I think the closest member to the Keys is Big Al. He lives in Miami.

THANK YOU to our American Soldiers & Veterans - POW MIA "You will NEVER be forgotten".

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not. Thomas Jefferson

Last edited by tcb-1; 03-31-2010 at 10:42 PM.
tcb-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 10:29 PM   #3
rsavage

I don't live down there but just got back a couple of weeks ago. If you are out near Key West, around mile marker 17 at the Sugarloaf Key Lodge, I believe, The "Southernmost Car Club" holds a show and shine on the 3rd Sunday of each month noon to 4:00. I missed one this year when I was down but hit one each of the previous two years. No 67-72's those years but some pretty nice cars. One guy who spends most of the winter down there and who lives in New England, drives one of his cars there and back each year. Last year he had a real nice 56 Nomad. In any event, nice folks and worth the drive if you are down there on the 3rd Sunday.
2021 Durango RT 5.7
rsavage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 10:48 PM   #4
Boise69
The Hammer Man

Great info there, i will definately check that out. We are building a home in Summerland Key, a place to get away from this damn 'global warming' up here in the midwest when the temps are in the 30's for 9 months out of the year. When the garage is finally built, my 69 will finally find its home there.

This trip we are just breaking ground so i'll be there for the better part of a month and want to become a local by meeting and seeing the local car/truck scene and hopefully meet some members here.

anyone else?

www.americanhammer.com

2005 MBZ Sprinter Van
2001 Yamaha Road Star
1997 MBZ E420
1989 Ferrari Mondial T
Old 03-31-2010, 11:31 PM   #5
big_al_71

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcb-1 View Post
I think the closest member to the Keys is Big Al. He lives in Miami.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boise69 View Post
Great info there, i will definately check that out. We are building a home in Summerland Key, a place to get away from this damn 'global warming' up here in the midwest when the temps are in the 30's for 9 months out of the year. When the garage is finally built, my 69 will finally find its home there.

This trip we are just breaking ground so i'll be there for the better part of a month and want to become a local by meeting and seeing the local car/truck scene and hopefully meet some members here.

anyone else?
I live in Fort Lauderdale area just about 25 minutes of miami. My wife loves the keys and we are planning on buying a property downthere to retire. The drive north to miami is super easy and I would be more than happy to show you around. If you give me the exact dates we can make plans. There is a weekly cruise which holds easily 200 vehicles every friday night in broward county.

www.cruisingsouthflorida.com clink on this link and it will give you all the information to any car/truck related show or cruises....and I can take you to any of them..within the dates that you are going to be here.

Sylvester's build thread >>>http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...ht=big+rebuild
big_al_71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 07:19 AM   #6
rsavage

Congrats on building a place on Summerland Key. It is beautiful down there and only 20 miles from Key West. Sure wish we could afford to have a place there. Build your place on "stilts" so to speak. They still get hurricanes and flooding at times. We stay at the KOA on Summerland when we go to the Keys. I see that you are a Biker too. Take your bike down with you - it's a great place to ride. I pull one of the Harley's down in my trailer when we go so we can get in some riding. Marathon Key has an annual Seafood Festival in March - you'll have to hit that. Fishermen put it on and the seafood dinners are fantastic. beer tent, band etc. Check out the Hog Fish Bar restaurant in the old section of Key West where the Shrimp boats dock. Great food in a shabby area.
2021 Durango RT 5.7
rsavage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 07:38 AM   #7
KFreddy

Once the new tranny is in I will certainly be up for a road trip from Miami to Keys and show her off a bit, are you gonna be all the way down to Key West or are you planning to be in one of the other Keys?
Old 04-01-2010, 07:54 AM   #8
Tim_A

Not exactly the Keys, but if you are in Naples, FL we can get together for a couple of beers. I will be there together with a bunch of classic car & truck loving friends from April 29 to mid-May.

Last edited by Tim_A; 04-01-2010 at 07:55 AM.
Tim_A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 11:51 AM   #9
Boise69
The Hammer Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_al_71 View Post
I live in Fort Lauderdale area just about 25 minutes of miami. My wife loves the keys and we are planning on buying a property downthere to retire. The drive north to miami is super easy and I would be more than happy to show you around. If you give me the exact dates we can make plans. There is a weekly cruise which holds easily 200 vehicles every friday night in broward county.

www.cruisingsouthflorida.com clink on this link and it will give you all the information to any car/truck related show or cruises....and I can take you to any of them..within the dates that you are going to be here.
Because of you i was up till 2am! reading your entire build that was fun. wow you gave me inspiration for sure. I will definately send you a pm when i know my dates going down. i fly in to FLL so i think i'll take a ride over to the toyota dealer, i hope i can stop j/k talk to you soon.

www.americanhammer.com

2005 MBZ Sprinter Van
2001 Yamaha Road Star
1997 MBZ E420
1989 Ferrari Mondial T
Old 04-01-2010, 01:55 PM   #10
big_al_71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boise69 View Post
Because of you i was up till 2am! reading your entire build that was fun. wow you gave me inspiration for sure. I will definately send you a pm when i know my dates going down. i fly in to FLL so i think i'll take a ride over to the toyota dealer, i hope i can stop j/k talk to you soon.

If you are flying into Fort Lauderdale it is definetly on your way....send me the PM try to plan on being in this area for a friday it will be worth it to see the tower shops cruise. As far as stoping you will be able to stop just press the brakes dont call "911"
Im glad that my bucket inspired you to work on yours....talk to you soon.

Sylvester's build thread >>>http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...ht=big+rebuild
big_al_71 is offline   Reply With Quote