The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-04-2010, 11:12 PM   #1
jewing3886

Angry advanced auto parts problems

I restored my c10 threw advanced auto parts. I found out today there computers only go back 2 years. I had my starter go out today I bought it back 3 years ago. They told me with out receipt they can not help me. So I go home and guess what all of my older receipts you can not make out any more. So all of the lifetime warranty parts on my truck is no longer. They are telling me all this and spent over $7000 at this store. There computers do keep up with the dollar amount you spend but not the product. That is a bunch of crap. But my Friend told me auto zone computers keep up with ever thing. Is this true? thanks
jewing3886 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 11:24 PM   #2
Joemomma1

Re: advanced auto parts problems

Yes they do. Honestly, its not their responsibilty to keep your purchases on record. Yes their receipts fade after a few weeks but for something as important as a warranty its best to make a photo copy of it. Dont leave something like that up to their computers, they may have not entered the info. Dont depend on anyone. Just my .02
Joemomma1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 04:38 AM   #3
tapeworm
fan of "Butters" Stotch

I sell parts as well at a dealership; I'd be telling you the same thing
Old 04-05-2010, 07:56 AM   #4
lakeroadster
Account Suspended

Bummer dude. I am of the opinion the printer paper they use is deisnged to fade away quickly. Caveat Emptor.

First thing I always do is make photocopies if it's a receipt for a warranty part. Sorry about your situation but maybe others can learn from it.

If the receipt has even any of the labeling you may be able to turn up the resolution on a good copier and get them legible. Copier's today are pretty amazing.

Might be worth a trip to your local Kinko's to give it a shot?
lakeroadster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 09:03 AM   #5
rain_man

i worked at both autozone and advanced auto and yes autozone keeps everything in there system forever but if you go threw the store manager at advanced there is ways to validate your warranty without your receipts. if you still have a problem just say you will call there main head office they will help. just make sure that you are talking to the store manager the last thing he wants is for you to call his boss